Sending sound from particle photon to the phone

I have seen those Walkie talkie posts!

I wanna send audio over the internet, but not to another particle device but to the phone instead.

Maybe thru the cloud? I want the particle photon to catch the audio and send it to the phone, so u can listen to it.

Thanks for all the help!

Hi, maybe this project can guide you?
I’m wildly guessing that you will need some sort of tcp server on your phone…

I have seen that one.
so I need to create a Application for the phone? or can I set up a server for a phone? You have any links to this topic :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:?

No links, sorry

The TCP server on your phone will only be accessible when the phone is connected via WiFi.
When connected via the cell network the IP address will not be available to connect to.

If you had the Photon run the TCP server your phone would be able to connect to it as long you also setup some port forwarding on your WiFi router.

am only interested to make it thru the wifi.
The photon will be in the house and I don’t need to hear it when I am outside the house. So I don’t need to make it work with 4G :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Can I get some tips or tutorial? Like how to setup a server for the phone? I guess it must some kind of socket programming?

Thank for help!

here’s some code for that:

Also, here’s a world wide search you can use/refine to get more valuable answers to your current question:

Cheers,
Gustavo.

1 Like

thank you!
so the photon will be a client and phone have server receiving sound from the client right?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.