SdFat library format problems

Hello,
I’m using successfully my electron with this SdFat library (https://github.com/greiman/SdFat-Particle) but just works with certain sd_cards. As it works i assume that I don’t have any SPI configuration problems. Can this different FORMAT of the SD cards be the problem?
I have probed with more than one( i have found two card that works and many that doesn’t) and this is an example or FORMAT difference.

SD error 1,xx (xx changes depending on the card):frowning:

WITH THIS SD CARDs WORKS
/dev/disk2 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: *127.1 MB disk2

WITH THIS ONE DOES’T WORK
/dev/disk2 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *3.9 GB disk2
1: DOS_FAT_32 NO NAME 3.9 GB disk2s1

Did you format the cards before trying them all?

1 Like

I have not FORMAT the ones that work.( a friend of mine gave me 10 sd cards i suspect the ones that work are the oldest ones because of it small capacity and its fat16FORMAT).
I have tried to format the other ones in many ways but i could never change that structure with “partition scheme” and don’t work with any other format neither.

FAT32 should work.
I have had no issues with 32GB & 64GB class10 and SDHC cards of well known brands.

3 Likes

Fat Library works fine now with all the cards and the format was not the problem!
I was giving the voltage with a I/O DIGITAL pin (sharing it with serial port communications alimentation as well) and it seems not to have power enough to feed some new sd cards.
Changing that and using a transistor solved the problem.
Thanks !