Running a Xenon Solo

I’ve tried the Reference page and im just not getting any success…

This seems like a simple thing that should work.
I want to use a Xenon but disable the mesh so that it runs the user code. I’ve tried
SYSTEM_MODE(MANUAL)
STARTUP(Mesh.off());
SYSTEM_THREAD(ENABLED)
And some combinations of the other settings with no success.

Is it not possible to make a Xenon just run the code and not look for it’s gateway?
This Xenon was setup on a previous Mesh.
Thanks for any help.
Nick

This was given to me by an elite member for the same purpose. I believe it is unofficial information so I won’t say who.

#include "Particle.h"
#include "dct.h"
SYSTEM_MODE(SEMI_AUTOMATIC);
void setup() {
    const uint8_t val = 0x01;
    dct_write_app_data(&val, DCT_SETUP_DONE_OFFSET, 1);
}
1 Like

SYSTEM_MODE(MANUAL) only should suffice and then don’t turn on mesh.

How do I use this with my code though?
For instance this test program, the D7 LED does not blink at all, from what ive seen, it seems to not run any of the user code and just looks for its Gateway or blinks blue in setup mode.

#include "Particle.h"
#include "dct.h"
SYSTEM_MODE(SEMI_AUTOMATIC);

bool led = true;
void setup() {
    const uint8_t val = 0x01;
    dct_write_app_data(&val, DCT_SETUP_DONE_OFFSET, 1);
    pinMode(D7, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
    if(led) {
        digitalWrite(D7, HIGH);
    }else{
        digitalWrite(D7, LOW);
    }
    led = !led;
    delay(250);
}

Your code runs fine for me. My Xenon is sitting here flashing the D7 LED in ~1sec intervals, the RGB LED is breathing white as expected. How are you flashing the Xenon?

Is your Xenon connected to a Mesh network?
If not, whats the LED status look like?
Blinking blue waiting for setup or blinking green looking for its gateway?

Brand new out of box. Flashing blue on power up. I used DFU to program with no issues. How are you flashing your Xenon?

Over DFU, the first Xenon I used was blinking green looking for a gateway, then I put it in setup mode and then connected over the app, which then prompted if I wanted to remove it from the current Mesh, which I did. The Xenon blinks blue for the status LED but the D7 doesnt blink. I will try with a new one as well.

You can also try to do a factory reset on it, then put it back in DFU by holding mode and reset, releasing reset and then release mode when the status LED turns yellow. I did have to do a Particle update and update the drivers from zadig. Once that was done, it flashed easy and took off fine.

1 Like

Interesting. I believe it was the update that fixed it, guess it doesn’t work on firmware from like 3 months ago.
Thanks for the help and quick replies!

1 Like