Q-Shield : Nano quadcopter shield for Spark Cores

What part does the Core play in flying and controlling the quad and will there be a version of the Q-Shield for the Photon? I came a bit late to the party and I only have a Photon.

@avidan Yeah, we are very happy that Zach has mentioned Q-Shield :slight_smile:

@rpiswag Donā€™t worry, we will make sure that Q-Shield will work on Photon! One of the best part working with Core and Photon is that they are pin compatible. In the Q-Shield Photon/Core plays as the main controller and radio module. Details will be released on the Q-Shield control library and in the documentation.

That is very good news for me and probably many other people! :smiley:

1 Like

UPDATE No.2:

Dear Community we are going to exhibit at Maker Faire New York 2015. If you attend there, please come and visit to our boot/section.

1 Like

i hope that means you are going to announce your plans for pre-sale at maker faire!

3 Likes

How much approximately will the Q-Shield cost?

Hi @rpiswag sorry for the late response. Please subscribe to our mailing list on www.giingo.io for further updates!

Dear Community, please subscribe to our mailing list for further updates at www.giingo.io.

Iā€™ve been waiting for something like this. Thereā€™s a swarm of light painting quadcopters in my future!

Is this officially Vaporware?

I hate to say it but most likely yes. I want to buy one so bad (if they are not overpriced)!

Should we design one completely open source? Didnā€™t look to be to difficult in hardware, simple quad-spoke design with the Photon sitting center, I bet they stopped because of US regulations, but open sourcing hardware someone can 3D print themselves is a far bit different than selling a drone.

They havenā€™t released the design yet,

I mean basically redo it all. The board itself didnā€™t look absurdly difficult. I bet we could crowd source the entirety of it between us.

1 Like