Photon Not responding

Good news. It’s working now. :tada:

@mdma I’ve looked at the memory with ST-Link Utility GUI (Win) and it was all 0xFF !! The whole 1MB was empty and surprisingly write protected bits where on. So guessing maybe a DFU cleared the whole thing?
Anyway I’ve restored it by copying memory image of another photon to it.

Thank you

1 Like

Great! Very glad to hear it’s working. :smile:

I have a very similar issue. I got myself a new Photon, and played around with it for about 15-20 mins before it died on me (or at least went into a coma) - I now get only a faint blue led light, and nothing happens.

I didn’t try anything fancy, nor did I hook up anything else to the Photon - I was just trying to flash the device, to blink and also publish a message to the Particle cloud.

The device went back and forth between breathing cyan and flashing green, indicating that it might be resetting every time. I pressed both buttons and released the reset button, to get it into the flashing cyan mode so application logic would not be loaded, but that’s around the time it just went dead.

I don’t have a JTAG programmer, so does that mean I don’t have any options to recover now?

Thanks,
Sridhar

Can you place it in safe mode and see what happens?

No, I cannot place it in safe mode. Beyond the faint blue led light that I get, there’s no response at all.

Thanks,
Sridhar

I flashed my particle back to the tinker app on my android from the previous web based ‘flashing_led’ example program which worked fine. I went to bed happy that night. Today the flashing led program still worked under my usb cable power but then I flashed it back to the tinker program from my android tinker app. The D7 led went on / off all good but then the tri-colour led went a constant green then off but the D7 led turned a dull blue and stayed that way. Dead it seams.?

Could you try safe mode?

I cant get any modes ! I have a feeling that a poor quality usb cable and charger might have caused my patricle to hang. It actually went through a green/white+red/blue cycle a number of times when I tried to flash the tinker program onto it. I suspect it was the IxR = V volts drop problem causing some kind of cyclic reboot. I have sent off for a jtag programmer I hold out a bit of hope that I might be able to recover the photon. I have in the mean time ordered a new photon. Arriving in a few days. I will keep you posted. I wanted to use the photon with a LiIon battery but wonder if it will provide enough juice. I will look through any technical specs I can find.

1 Like

hey
i got similar issue.one of my photons went to unresponsive mode with blue led(D7) is on forever.now i cant change to anymodes using buttons.i can feel some heat under board.port is not detecting.is there any way to get back my devices.currently i dont have JTAG
Thanks in advance
update:i think my switch (which is vcc)touched the top of photos usb (which is ground i guess).I lost my second photon :sob::sob::sob::sob: