Photon 2 feedback

I have received two Photon 2’s for evaluation for my Internet of Things class. Thank you. If I notice potential bugs with DeviceOS 5.0.3 and the P2 platform (there is no Photon 2 option, but I assume they are compatible) is there a preferred method of submitting the finds to Particle?

You can send your feedback to me or post it here, thanks for asking!

Colleen - sorry to the delay in getting back to you. My course just finished up and I’m starting to focus on whether or not I can use the Photon 2 for my summer semester. Some of it depends on if they will be available in May or not.

I had noticed on an issue with deviceOS@5.3.0 that
count = BLE.scan(scanResults, SCAN_RESULT_MAX);
would return more than SCAN_RESULT_MAX.

However, this seems to have been fixed in deviceOS@5.3.1.

The big limiter right now is that my course use neopixels (WS2812B) extensively. I saw a post from December that was with Rick K. I just replied to that post asking if it is known if anyone has ported a neopixel library to the P2/Photon2. Possibly you might know?

Hi Brian-

Thanks for reaching out. Photon 2s will be available in June, right around Particle Spectra. We are working on neopixel support for Photon 2, it’s part of a current sprint.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Colleen - congratulations on a successful Spectra and running a great session. I am excited the Photon 2's are now available. I am placing my first order for the classroom this week. :slight_smile:

I wanted to ask if there is an update on the path to getting a P2 NeoPixel library, as that is the one roadblock for me to transition my course to the P2/Photon2.

2 Likes

One more suggestion. I placed an order for the Photon2 as soon as Zach said it was available.
Some time later I went on the same site and noticed there is an external antenna for it. I wish the web site suggested it, I would have bought it.
It is too late to add it to the order, so :frowning_face:

Thank you for a great conference!!!

Who knows? Maybe @Colleen can do some magic here?

Hi, have you see this post?

1 Like

Mind DMing me the order number? I'll see what I can do

Thanks, Brian!

Echoing Gustavo, Photon2s do support Neopixels so your course should be smooth sailing(knock on wood).

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.