Paticle Xenon Low Powered Design

I am trying to build a product using the particle Argon And Xenon. The Argon would act as the master, and upon getting information it will trigger the Xenon and which will then flash an LED.

For the Xenon i want the product size to be as small as possible. I have couple of questions regarding that.

1. Whats the P1 Equivalent for the Xenon?
  2. For the Xenon is it possible to use some sleep mode that gets activated when it receives a message from the Argon?
  3. If a sleep mode is not possible that gets controlled via the Argon, what other way is there to reduce the power consumption? I am concerned as i would ideally like to use a coin cell.

Thanks!

1. Whats the P1 Equivalent for the Xenon?

X series

1. For the Xenon is it possible to use some sleep mode that gets activated when it receives a message from the Argon?

You can set up a pub-sub on the Mesh network between the Argon and the Xenon so that the Xenon effectively receives a command (via mesh publish) that it then turns into a system call to sleep. The length of the sleep period can be contained in the event data and used to 'control' the Xenon's sleeping from the Argon.

1. If a sleep mode is not possible that gets controlled via the Argon, what other way is there to reduce the power consumption? I am concerned as i would ideally like to use a coin cell.

To get low power you need to have the Xenon only connect to the Mesh network. Typically the Xenon will draw around 15mA but this is only when mesh network connected. Your effective duty cycle power usage will depend not only on the length of time in sleep versus awake and connecting to the mesh but also the circuit around the X series SoM. We do not know exactly what the power consumption is yet. A coin cell maybe a little optimistic but certainly a small LiPo 500mAh I know works fine with a Xenon. All depends upon the period of battery powered operation required.

1 Like