Particle Rules Engine - bug in calling functions twice

Hello all,

Started testing with the Particle Rule Engine and I think I ran into a bug when I want to call a function on my particle.

When setting the argument function via the payload message, I am able to set the argument to the right value the first time.
As of the next message, I send the right argument message, but it seems the original argument is still send to the cloud.

My code on the particle for the lightsValue is very simple, I convert the command to an int and return this:

int lightsIntensity(String command){
    int value = atoi(command);
    return value;
}

The message I receive as a response to the function (via the NodeRed debug functoin:

payload: 120
socketid: "XXX"
_msgid: "XXX"
argument: "40"
function: "lightsValue"
device: "XXX"

Is this a bug or am I missing a point?

Thomas

This is a known bug. It will be fixed in the next release of the Particle node.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for my ignorant question, but when will the next release be or is there any known workaround?