Maker Faire Bay Area! (Anyone going?!)

20 hours?! I hate sitting still for 6 hours, and that’s what I’m about to do.

Just survived 6 hours to reach Tokyo :wink:

3 Likes

For those who have been following about this:

We have a booth with Pebble to demonstrate the integration of Internet of Things!

Had a super fun time hacking at the Pebble HQ and do ask if you want to see what we did with PEBBLEANDSPARK :smiley:

BTW, the :spark: Elites are there as well :wink:

1 Like

@kennethlimcp I just picked up a Pebble watch and It’s a lot cooler than I expected.

What did you do with the Spark and Pebble?

1 Like

Trust me,

You need to hear this!

1. Pebble fired Ballista
  2. Pebble fired Catapult
  3. Pebble controlled helium balloons
  4. Pebble accelero triggered twitter torch
  5. and more!

We fired some M&Ms so don’t miss the video! :smiley:

1 Like

I got one last week as well. It definitely proved its worth over 2 short days. The handiest feature for me has been the buzz notification on my wrist for incoming text messages while running around the Faire!

1 Like

Yea being able to see my email and text messages without needing to have my phone in my hands is a big change for me. I don’t have my phone in my hands near as much as I used to.

I’m using the Glance app and have it setup so I can see my phones battery status also which lets me keep the phone from going dead unexpectedly.

I didn’t think the watch would or could be this handy but for the $150 its one of the cheapest and coolest gadgets I have bought in a really long time.

I really wanted the Pebble Steel but it was sold out. I went with the black original for starters and liked it so much ordered the Steel that had a 4 week wait but its now instock and ready to ship so I’m looking forward to which I like better.

Hacking this thing looks like it could be fun and useful.

1 Like

The Steel is very nice, but I don’t think it’s my thing. It feels a lot heavier than the the original. But I’m a cheap kinda guy anyways!

I think a blog will be posted after the team gets back to work and settled in that talks about the Pebble+Spark projects we did. If you want to get an early start, we posted the source code for the projects on GitHub at https://github.com/spark. Fair warning: This was the first time a few of us have even seen a Pebble watch in person, but the code works!

I was a backer of the original Pebble (Orange) and picked up a steel (stainless silver) at a very nice discount (at Pebble HQ on Friday) durning out Hackathon.

It feels so much better than the original! The buttons have a nice, crisp click to them whereas the original feels spongey. The display also looks a lot better. (I’m guessing the Gorilla Glass is bonded to the LCD?)

The whole thing feels like a high end watch and it’s fantastic. I hope they do a titanium model next, that would look so good!

1 Like

The weight of the steel is the only thing that keeps me from being interested in it at all. Titanium should be much lighter. I'd consider it at that point for sure.

My Steel is arriving tomorrow! Ordered up a custom black silicon watch strap for it.

Loving the orginal all black Pebble also but the Steel is more my style.

I’m amazed at how useful I am finding the watch. Just tried out the NavMe app for displaying Google Navigation directions on my wrist instead of the smart phone that I can’t see the screen during the daylight anyways. Its a much improved way of doing things. I just leave the phone on the charger and still get all my notifications on my wrist which eliminates the need for picking up the phone 90% of the time it seems.

Looking forward to seeing how the Spark Core begins to integrate with the watch software.

As I get more time to play, I'll definitely be doing more stuff with the Pebble + Core and will be making it all available. Hopefully I will have something up by this weekend!

2 Likes

You guys need to see this :smile:

1 Like