LCD 16x2 beginning tutorial

Can anyone point me to a good beginner tutorial (wiring and code) for hooking up a 16x2 LCD (the same one supplied with the Arduino starter kit) with the photon? The official Serial_LCD_Sparkfun library appears to be directed to a different type of LCD screen that has a RX pin. I tried to follow the tutorial here http://blog.jongallant.com/search/label/particle but I was getting errors when I tried to compile the code.

Have you tried the ["LiquidCrystal" library][1]

It would help if you also provided the error message. This would save us to go through the bother of trying to reproduce your problem and guessing what you are seeing.

But since I've already done it (due to lack of info), I'd guess you need to change the include statement this way

#include "LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.h"

which is also stated in the blog you linked (as I just found out)
[1]: Particle Web IDE

Thanks for the response. Last night I had included the lines you mentioned above (#include “LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.h”), just like the blog says, but the code wasn’t compiling when I tried to verify it. I just went back in without changing anything to figure out the error message and now it’s compiling … not sure why it wasn’t working last night. I will have the wire up the screen tonight and see if everything works.

In any event, I also wanted to confirm that the LiquidCrystal library is the correct one to use with that type of LCD screen. I am sort of surprised that that blog post is the only online tutorial for getting the LCD up and running.

Hope you’ll get it working.

Had you seen this thread
Liquid Crystal Library