It seems like if the code flashes, but it doesn't

Hmm, it looks like the photon is rejecting the app for some reason, not sure why? It works on the other photons just fine? Maybe @mdma can chime in here?

Thanks,
David

Hi, thank you @Dave for the interest.

I tried a lot of things in different ways. I put the latest firmware and still doesn’t work. I have the photons in the next image, photon 3 and 4 work fine with any of the codes I have, but 1 and 2 that were those that were in the dashboard reject the code:

Âżany idea why?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @brayanarias,

Ahh, these devices are still tagged as your GasMon product, and you’ve probably released firmware to that product in the dashboard. In that case the cloud will try to keep your products running your released product firmware, instead of anything you’ve flashed locally. You can remove the published firmware, or remove those devices from your product group, and that should fix it.

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Hey @brayanarias, can you expand on why you are unable to remove the devices from your product? You should be able to do this from the “Devices” page of your organization’s dashboard by clicking on a device and clicking “Remove device.”

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you @Dave and @jeiden, my account in the dashboard is over now. But when I had it active, I tried to remove the devices with no success because there is a bug in the platform. I sent a full report about this. It seems that the only way I can do it now is with dfu. I’ll try and let you know.

Unfortunatly once I linked the photons 1 and 2 with the dashboard I couldn’t flash the code by OTA from the build platform.

Hey @brayanarias,

Closing the loop: I think I see what happened here. In the product that you set up, you assigned the “Platform” to be the Core. However, two of the products that you added to the product were Photons. We use the Platform of the product to inform how the web IDE compiles code for that device. Seems like because of this incompatibility, you were compiling Core firmware to your Photon.

One of the main purposes of a product is to roll out the same firmware en-masse to a group of devices. Because the Core and the Photon have vastly different hardware, firmware that you write is compiled into very different binaries. As such, it doesn’t make sense to have one product that shares both Photons and Cores.

I’ve gone ahead and removed all of these devices from your product, and ensured they all have the proper flags set in the database. Your photons will now behave as photons :smile:.

This raises a feature improvement that we should make here, which is to not allow you to add incompatible devices to your product. I’m sure others will run into this in the future, and we should do what we can to prevent it.

I understand that this wasn’t immediately clear, and I apologize for this! Let me know if this resolves your issue.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much. I just wanted to update that all the photons are up and working.

Thank you very much,