High cellular bandwidth suddenly

Hi folks,

I wanted to reach out here to let everyone know that Particle has been monitoring this discussion and that Particle is currently investigating concerns around customer inquiries regarding data consumption and bills.

It has come to our attention that a subset of self-service users on the Particle platform were not being charged for data overages for devices consuming above 3 MB of data. We also have identified a subset of customers whose devices may have seen data increases as a result of our recent incident on 7/15. We are in the process of identifying and reaching out to these customers. To try and address any questions in the meantime, please see below:

Why has my bill gone up?

Particle has identified an issue in our platform where, in recent months, a subset of users were not being billed for data overages when a device consumed over 3 MB of data. We have corrected this platform issue and customers should expect these overage charges to be reflected in their bills moving forward.

Why are my devices suddenly getting capped?

In addition to the above investigation, it was found that a subset of SIMs were not being capped upon reaching their data limits and were able to consume data far beyond their intended cap. This has also been corrected for these SIMs, and customers with devices consuming above their set cap will now see their devices being paused moving forward.

2 Likes