Google Maps Integration, no errors, but lacking GPS data from locationCallback()

Hello Particle Forum,

I’m trying to get data from the Google Maps Integration to be sent to my device so I can display it to a screen.

However, during the tutorial, I’m not seeing the Coordinates come up on Particle Console, Or my serial monitor.

This integration is added as part of a Product (If that makes a difference)

I’m a bit confused, everything seems to be in order, but I don’t seem to be receiving any GPS data.
In the in tutorial, it shows GPS coordinates coming right over the event log.

Is there something I’m missing that is stopping that from happening?

Thanks!

Here’s my code

#include "google-maps-device-locator.h"

GoogleMapsDeviceLocator locator;

void setup() {
	Serial.begin(9600);
	locator.withSubscribe(locationCallback).withLocatePeriodic(120);
}

void locationCallback(float lat, float lon, float accuracy) {
    String Coordinates;
    Coordinates = String::format("{\"lat\":%f,\"lon\":%f,\"accuracy\":%d}", lat, lon, accuracy);

Serial.print("Sending Coordinates : ");
    Serial.println(Coordinates);
  }

void loop() {
	locator.loop();
}

Here’s my event log;

And here’s the Particle Console Integration monitor It showing every thing working smoothly.

If I’m not completely wrong, you won’t get the coordinates from the deviceLocator event but the data that is acquired by the device and sent to the cloud via that event should be forwarded to the Google Maps webhook which in turn uses that data to look-up the respective cell tower’s GPS location.

But in your event log there are no webhook-response entries, so it seems your webhook isn’t triggered at all (or look at console.particle.io/events to see all events)
Could you also show the details of one of the recent calls in integration montor?

Double check your Google Maps integration at console.particle.io/integrations

1 Like

I have only ever seen data like you are seeing from tbag integration; however, after requesting a Ublox Assist Now token and access (which you get direct from Ublox) gives very accurate cell location when not able to get GPS Sat Fix

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing that I will have to check out that service!