Firmware v0.2.0 released, with many fixes

Please help with some further confusion.
I have converted to using NetBeans (and the integrated call to dfu). Will the core-firmware.bin be “automatically” loaded by NetBeans???

1. I manuall get the V0.2.0 revisions.
  2. Manually copy them into my exsiting directories, overwriting what is there.
  3. Then clean, build and load.

Am I properly capturing all the needed core updates???
Am I capturing the cc3000 updates???

I don’t have NetBeans to verify with @LZHenry, but as long as you download and replace all three repositories, I think the process you described should work fine.

You are not capturing the CC3000 updates yet, because there are not yet finalized updates to share. :smile: Soon!

@zachary @LZHenry

I have used the netbeans approach to loading firmware onto the spark core manually and all you need to do to get the latest firmware working is to replace the 3 old folders with the new and recompile and then flash.

2 Likes

Thank you both. It is good to have confirmation that I properly understand the loading process.

1 Like

Dear Spark :spark: guys

Can you please fix the extern Timer Interrupt handler error on your web based IDE so that I could load via cloud.

…/…/core-common-lib/SPARK_Firmware_Driver/inc/config.h:12:2: warning: #warning “Defaulting to Release Build” [-Wcpp]
timer.cpp: In function ‘void TIM2_IRQHandler()’:
timer.cpp:32:14: error: previous declaration of ‘void TIM2_IRQHandler()’ with ‘C++’ linkage
timer.cpp:68:33: error: conflicts with new declaration with ‘C’ linkage

I know you guys are busy and this fix may not be on top of the priority todo list, but I need the feature.
Currently I am compiling locally from netbeans.

regards,
Muez

Hi @Muez

I think this was resolved in another thread:

It looks like you have to put your interrupt handler in a separate file in another tab. Have you tried that already?

1 Like

Totally not :heart:-ing V0.2.0 somehow :smile:

I got a blinking red after an OTA as i try to get the 595 working for my LCD!

A reset immediately went to blinking red and i had to DFU a firmware in before reconnecting to the net.

The next OTA without any change of code didn’t caused this.

Yes. It works just fine. :smiley:

It seems like the entire :spark: team MIA-ed somehow…

Many of us are back! We’ve been traveling a lot recently, but we’re catching up now on community and emails and everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://github.com/spark/core-firmware readme still telling about 1.0.0 version. Maybe it’s need to be fixed?:slight_smile:

@zachary @satishgn ,

my code won't run when i blocked internet access to it and restarting the core with a power cycle..

Only works IF i cut off the internet access after it successfully connected. Seems like something got changed?

It's weird cos i remember doing a test for the blinking blue problem after wifi is down and my code could run even without wifi...

1. i changed the factory reset firmware to spark_3
  2. i used WEB IDE
  3. i didn't use anything that has got to do with spark connect/disconnect and wifi on/off. Just SPI LCD

Can someone do a test and verify this? It's weird since it worked previously and i didn't changed anything

It was working well displaying the millis() without a wifi....

No one is going to test this? :confused:

I’ll mention it in case someone can get to it, but it might be a little bit! :smile:

Thanks,
David

Thanks Kenneth. I didn’t get to this today. @satishgn Please take a look.

1 Like

@kennethlimcp, With the default Spark application, the user setup() and loop() doesn’t run unless the Core first connects to the cloud at boot-up.

What you want could be achieved by removing the following if() clause in main.cpp.

if(!SPARK_WLAN_SETUP || SPARK_WLAN_SLEEP || !SPARK_CLOUD_CONNECT || SPARK_CLOUD_CONNECTED || SPARK_WIRING_APPLICATION)
{
}

When the above is done, most of the time the socket connect call for cloud connection will block the user loop from running and will constantly lead to WLAN restart if internet is not present or blocked (WiFi is available)

I’ll create a github issue so can be debated over there if this is what the user experience should be i.e. run user application irrespective of cloud/internet connection.

@kennethlimcp @zachary, I created a new github issue : https://github.com/spark/core-firmware/issues/172

1 Like

Ah… I was thinking the behavior would be non-blocking with the introduction of Wifi on/off and Spark connect/disconnect.

So if we were to disable wifi in our code locally, the user code will run?

We need to work on this details as there’s and increase in requirement of users wanting to run their code without internet/wifi.

If the WEB IDE can’t support this then would be less friendly.

Thanks for testing @satisghn

@kennethlimcp when the cloud is disabled via includes through webIDE, the behaviour would be non-blocking in the current case so the user experience should be pretty smooth. So I bet on using the cloud disable includes in your case and use Spark.connect/disconnect judiciously when the internet is not present so as not block the user’s loop().

Ah that’s good to know :slight_smile:

So we probably need to discuss whether this is the behavior by default yeah?

1 Like