'EEPROM' persistence issue

So I’ve implemented this today, some cloudy days ahead should put the implementation to the test… Let’s see how it works. I will report back with results…

3 Likes

@jvanier, I have tested with the “setBrowoutResetLevel” function you suggested. This did not make a difference for me. Flash was still getting corrupted by switching usb on and off during the white led.

I also tried to pull request you posted: https://github.com/spark/firmware/pull/762

That did the trick!! It is now impossible to corrupt the flash by fiddling with the power supply. Thank you so much for this contribution! I hope (read: assume) this will be added to the firmware asap… @mdma, @zachary? don’t know who to ping about it, but I am sure you guys do… :smile:

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know it works for you @nicodegunst.

1 Like

Thanks for your work on this @jvanier

wow that is really cool! @nicodegunst. I really hope that @mdma or @zachary will integrate that change.
Thanks a lot.

I just realized that we have a serious problem all our units in the field loosing the EEPROM information on power down. We have big caps installs, powering the units (after unplugging the power supply) for almost 5sec and I’d guess that the Vcc is really slow going down. We tried to push down the reset, before unplugging the power supply and sure enough, that worked flawless.

Will this fix be part of the next firmware release (0.48?), or is there anything that I could add right now to my code to fix the issue? How soon will the 0.48 be available? Questions, questions questions :smile:

JKW

9 posts were split to a new topic: Unexpected lockup of Photon with SparkFun PowerShield

A post was split to a new topic: Photon not turning on, can’t DFU