Device Cloud Pricing For Particle Mesh Now Available

@JumpMaster @Ric thank you for the feedback. I can understand how network redundancy (multiple Wi-Fi gateways, or a cellular backup) would be valuable in the contexts that you're describing. As I mentioned in my post, we'd be happy to honor our original preorder pricing to ensure that you're able to achieve the desired result with your network.

I'll also take your feedback back to our internal team for discussion and follow-up here with the outcome.

@DevRandom I certainly didn't mean to imply that and, looking back at the words that I wrote, I don't think that I did. From my experience, temperature and humidity sensing is a very common in-home use case for Particle and was one of the first applications that many Particle employees, including myself, deployed with Mesh in our own homes.

Here's how we'll do it – preorder customers will be put on a special billing "plan" which has two characteristics:

• For every Argon or Boron in your account, you'll be charged "standard" Device OS costs:
    • Free Device OS for first 100 Wi-Fi devices
    • Free Device OS for 3 months for cellular devices, with our $2.99 (not $4.99) rate thereafter
  • You can configure your first 10 gateways in any combination that you want, without fear of being charged anything beyond the established standalone Device OS charges above. This plan captures the commitments we made around pricing as communicated in the preorder period.

All gateways configured beyond the first ten will be subject to our newly established network pricing.

What I want to communicate is that you don't need to be worry about being charged in the meantime and that you should feel free to configure your devices as soon as you receive them. You will not have to contact us each time you configure a new device, and billing will be automated by the rules outlined above for preorder customers on this plan.

6 Likes