Debugging mesh device when multiple DFU-enabled devices attached

Hi,

I’m trying to debug a Xenon with a Particle Debugger. I’ve placed the Xenon in DFU mode, but I have another peripheral attached which is also DFU-capable (afaik I’m not able to disable this; it’s a PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, but shouldn’t matter).

When I attempt to debug from VSCode:

> Executing task: make -f '/Users/boneskull/.particle/toolchains/buildscripts/1.5.1/Makefile' flash-debug -s <

text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
 670360    2252   77404  750016   b71c0 /Users/boneskull/projects/boneskull/particle-dht22/target/particle-dht22.elf
Serial device PARTICLE_SERIAL_DEV : not available
Flashing using dfu:
dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

dfu-util: More than one DFU capable USB device found! Try `--list' and specify the serial number or disconnect all but one device

make[1]: *** [program-dfu] Error 74
make: *** [flash-debug] Error 2
The terminal process terminated with exit code: 2

Press any key to close the terminal.

Now, an obvious workaround is to just unplug the other device, but I was wondering if there was any other workaround that wouldn’t require this? Can I hand some parameter to the launch config that will specify the serial/ID of the device I’m trying to flash?

I can manually flash using the CLI via particle flash --usb path/to/firmware.bin with multiple DFU-capable devices attached, so it would seem that it’s not out of the realm of possibility to address this from Workbench.

thanks,
Chris

1 Like