Connect Boron to nRF24L01 Receiver

Hello All

I am currently working on a little project with Particle Boron. I am trying to connect an nRF24L01 receiver to the boron to receive a small amount of information from another nRF24L01 that is in transmitter mode.

The transmitter is connected to an Inland Pro Micro Dev board.
I originally had the receiver connected to an Arduino and it was working and was receiving information from the transmitter.

I am trying to move the receiver to the Boron so that it receives the information.
I looked at the particle docs but it seems pretty convoluted. If anyone is able to point me in the right direction that would be great. I have been stuck on this for a few weeks now and not sure how to move foward.

If you could elaborate on what exactly you cannot find in the docs, we might be able to help better.

Docs about SPI can be found here.

There shouldn’t be too much difference in code between your current Arduino version and your “future” Particle version but without seeing your code, it’s difficult to tell exactly.

I have the connections as follows from the nrf to the borron. And my Arduino code below. I’m looking for comparable values for
RF24 radio(7, 8);
const byte rxAddr[6] = “00001”;
radio.openReadingPipe(0, rxAddr);
,but i am not seeing any.

I do see
SPI.begin();
and SPI.available

but this is where i am getting stuck. is it possible to use some of the other particle libraries or am i just thinking of this wrong.

VCC → 3v3
GND → GND
CSN → D8
CE → D7
MOSI → MO
SCK → SCK
MISO → MI

Arduino Recciever Code trying to move to Particle

#include <SPI.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>
#include <RF24.h>

RF24 radio(7, 8);

const byte rxAddr[6] = "00001";

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  while (!Serial);

radio.begin();

radio.startListening();
}

void loop()
{
  if (radio.available())
  {
    char text[32] = {0};
    radio.read(&text, sizeof(text));

Serial.println(text);
  }
}

Particle Code So Far

#include <SPI.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>
#include <RF24.h>

RF24 radio(7, 8);

const byte rxAddr[6] = "00001";

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);

SPI.begin();

radio.startListening();
}

void loop()
{
  if (SPI.available())
  {
    char text[32] = {0};
    Wire.write(&text, sizeof(text));

Serial.println(text);
  }
}

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.