Check device online using Android SDK

Re: the refresh problem
There is some delay between when the device drops offline and when the cloud can reflect this, usually between 30-60 seconds. That’s nothing specific to Particle or the SDK, that’s just the nature of networking – your device could drop its connection at any time, so you have to be ready for errors with your network calls.

onSuccess() issues?
I’m still not clear on what’s happening here. Could you post a gist or a sample project to github which demonstrates this problem?

Crashes
Interesting re: the “stopped” error message. I’ll have to try that out for myself.

Also, if you get an “application not responding”, then you’re performing long operations on the main thread. I am 99% sure that it’s not the Particle SDK doing that, so it’s something you’ll want to check into. (OTOH, if you find that it is the SDK, please let us know!)

Events
It’s already available! :grinning: Check it out: ANNOUNCEMENT: Android SDK finally here! No sample usage available at the moment, but the API itself in ParticleDevice and ParticleCloud is well-documented via javadoc.

1 Like