Boron SLEEP_MODE_SOFTPOWEROFF not working as documented

Hey all,

In the Boron System.sleep docs, SLEEP_MODE_SOFTPOWEROFF is advertised as being “just like SLEEP_MODE_DEEP, with the added benefit that it also sleeps the Fuel Gauge.”

When I call System.sleep(SLEEP_MODE_DEEP), the Boron’s LED turns off entirely until I wake it with a high value on D8, as documented.

However, when I call System.sleep(SLEEP_MODE_SOFTPOWEROFF), the Boron goes into a breathing white pattern which seems to mean the cellular module is off.

It seems to me that SLEEP_MODE_SOFTPOWEROFF is just sleeping the cellular module, a behavior that’s documented for System.sleep(long seconds). Can someone update the docs and/or investigate?

Here’s a link to the line where I’m calling sleep in my project.

Thank you!

I can duplicate this, hm. Thank you for reporting this!

This looks like a bug, but the 10 uA or so to power off the fuel gauge should have little discernible difference. Is SLEEP_MODE_DEEP insufficient for your purposes?

SLEEP_MODE_DEEP will probably be enough power savings for me (I’m testing it out now), I mainly just wanted to report the bug so the documentation/implementation could be fixed. Thanks for confirming!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.