Best way to do customer product registration

I’m using photon board for my sensor and I have a website and mobile app that the customer will be able to login and look at their device information.

On my development board I can manually claim my device and on my website I can link that to my account, but I was trying to have this step automated what would be the best way to do this? I was looking at softAp but it looks like that its used to setup wifi can I add a registration to my website and also make it claim the device in there?

Does your device have a display?

No the device will not have a display.

I was going to say you could have the device display the local IP. But if you don't then you could try to use mDNS.

Just redirect the page you serve up to your own website. With the url, pass along a query string that uniquely identifies the device, product ID and version.

So I could use the softAp (https://docs.particle.io/reference/firmware/photon/#softap-http-pages) to serve an page where the customer can register to their wifi and after its done it can redirect to my website with the device id on the URL and I can use that to claim the device to the customer?

I don’t think so, I don’t see the SoftAP process seeing what IP is assigned to your device. Once the SoftAP makes the Photon’s connection to your LAN, it drops off, the Photon is then attached to your LAN; SoftAP is no longer running.

You’d have to also enable mDNS and serve up a web page (in loop() now) that does the redirect.

So customer completes the Photon’s WiFi setup via SoftAP. Once completed, s/he then puts your mDNS address, i.e.:

mysupercoolproduct.local

in any web browser on you LAN.

the server would then redirect you to your website/server where you can interpret your query string.

Get it?

I got it. that make sense. I will take a look at mDNS.

Thanks for the help

So, you can refer to this code, which I did a while back. As I recall, it (for some reason) may require a hard reset after you complete the SoftAP setup and the device is attached to your network.

For the main webpage use

particle.local

and the alt (redirect) use

particle.local:8080

in your browser.

It will redirect you to google.com but you will see the trailing results of your query string.

Let me know if it works out for you.

/*******************************************************************/
/******************* BEGIN SOFTAP IMPLEMENTATION *******************/

#include "Particle.h"
#include "softap_http.h"

struct Page
{
    const char* url;
    const char* mime_type;
    const char* data;
};

const char index_html[] = "<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><meta name='viewport' content='width=device-width, initial-scale=1'><title>Setup your device</title><link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='style.css'></head><body><h1>Connect me to your WiFi!</h1><h3>My device ID:</h3><input type=text id='device-id' size='25' value='' disabled/><button type='button' class='input-helper' id='copy-button'>Copy</button><div id='scan-div'><h3>Scan for visible WiFi networks</h3><button id='scan-button' type='button'>Scan</button></div><div id='networks-div'></div><div id='connect-div' style='display: none'><p>Don't see your network? Move me closer to your router, then re-scan.</p><form id='connect-form'><input type='password' id='password' size='25' placeholder='password'/><button type='button' class='input-helper' id='show-button'>Show</button><button type='submit' id='connect-button'>Connect</button></form></div><script src='rsa-utils/jsbn_1.js'></script><script src='rsa-utils/jsbn_2.js'></script><script src='rsa-utils/prng4.js'></script><script src='rsa-utils/rng.js'></script><script src='rsa-utils/rsa.js'></script><script src='script.js'></script></body></html>";

const char rsa_js[] = "function parseBigInt(a,b){return new BigInteger(a,b);}function linebrk(a,b){var c='';var d=0;while(d+b<a.length){c+=a.substring(d,d+b)+'\\n';d+=b;}return c+a.substring(d,a.length);}function byte2Hex(a){if(a<0x10)return '0'+a.toString(16);else return a.toString(16);}function pkcs1pad2(a,b){if(b<a.length+11){alert('Message too long for RSA');return null;}var c=new Array();var d=a.length-1;while(d>=0&&b>0){var e=a.charCodeAt(d--);if(e<128)c[--b]=e;else if((e>127)&&(e<2048)){c[--b]=(e&63)|128;c[--b]=(e>>6)|192;}else{c[--b]=(e&63)|128;c[--b]=((e>>6)&63)|128;c[--b]=(e>>12)|224;}}c[--b]=0;var f=new SecureRandom();var g=new Array();while(b>2){g[0]=0;while(g[0]==0)f.nextBytes(g);c[--b]=g[0];}c[--b]=2;c[--b]=0;return new BigInteger(c);}function RSAKey(){this.n=null;this.e=0;this.d=null;this.p=null;this.q=null;this.dmp1=null;this.dmq1=null;this.coeff=null;}function RSASetPublic(a,b){if(a!=null&&b!=null&&a.length>0&&b.length>0){this.n=parseBigInt(a,16);this.e=parseInt(b,16);}else alert('Invalid RSA public key');}function RSADoPublic(a){return a.modPowInt(this.e,this.n);}function RSAEncrypt(a){var b=pkcs1pad2(a,(this.n.bitLength()+7)>>3);if(b==null)return null;var c=this.doPublic(b);if(c==null)return null;var d=c.toString(16);if((d.length&1)==0)return d;else return '0'+d;}RSAKey.prototype.doPublic=RSADoPublic;RSAKey.prototype.setPublic=RSASetPublic;RSAKey.prototype.encrypt=RSAEncrypt;";

const char style_css[] = "html{height:100%;margin:auto;background-color:white}body{box-sizing:border-box;min-height:100%;padding:20px;background-color:#1aabe0;font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode','Lucida Grande',sans-serif;font-weight:normal;color:white;margin-top:0;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;margin-bottom:0;max-width:400px;text-align:center;border:1px solid #6e6e70;border-radius:4px}div{margin-top:25px;margin-bottom:25px}h1{margin-top:25px;margin-bottom:25px}button{border-color:#1c75be;background-color:#1c75be;color:white;border-radius:5px;height:30px;font-size:15px;font-weight:bold}button.input-helper{background-color:#bebebe;border-color:#bebebe;color:#6e6e70;margin-left:3px}button:disabled{background-color:#bebebe;border-color:#bebebe;color:white}input[type='text'],input[type='password']{background-color:white;color:#6e6e70;border-color:white;border-radius:5px;height:25px;text-align:center;font-size:15px}input:disabled{background-color:#bebebe;border-color:#bebebe}input[type='radio']{position:relative;bottom:-0.33em;margin:0;border:0;height:1.5em;width:15%}label{padding-top:7px;padding-bottom:7px;padding-left:5%;display:inline-block;width:80%;text-align:left}input[type='radio']:checked+label{font-weight:bold;color:#1c75be}.scanning-error{font-weight:bold;text-align:center}.radio-div{box-sizing:border-box;margin:2px;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;background-color:white;color:#6e6e70;border:1px solid #6e6e70;border-radius:3px;width:100%;padding:5px}#networks-div{margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;text-align:left}#device-id{text-align:center}#scan-button{min-width:100px}#connect-button{display:block;min-width:100px;margin-top:10px;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;margin-bottom:20px}#password{margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:10px}";

const char rng_js[] = "var rng_state;var rng_pool;var rng_pptr;function rng_seed_int(a){rng_pool[rng_pptr++]^=a&255;rng_pool[rng_pptr++]^=(a>>8)&255;rng_pool[rng_pptr++]^=(a>>16)&255;rng_pool[rng_pptr++]^=(a>>24)&255;if(rng_pptr>=rng_psize)rng_pptr-=rng_psize;}function rng_seed_time(){rng_seed_int(new Date().getTime());}if(rng_pool==null){rng_pool=new Array();rng_pptr=0;var t;if(window.crypto&&window.crypto.getRandomValues){var ua=new Uint8Array(32);window.crypto.getRandomValues(ua);for(t=0;t<32;++t)rng_pool[rng_pptr++]=ua[t];}if(navigator.appName=='Netscape'&&navigator.appVersion<'5'&&window.crypto){var z=window.crypto.random(32);for(t=0;t<z.length;++t)rng_pool[rng_pptr++]=z.charCodeAt(t)&255;}while(rng_pptr<rng_psize){t=Math.floor(65536*Math.random());rng_pool[rng_pptr++]=t>>>8;rng_pool[rng_pptr++]=t&255;}rng_pptr=0;rng_seed_time();}function rng_get_byte(){if(rng_state==null){rng_seed_time();rng_state=prng_newstate();rng_state.init(rng_pool);for(rng_pptr=0;rng_pptr<rng_pool.length;++rng_pptr)rng_pool[rng_pptr]=0;rng_pptr=0;}return rng_state.next();}function rng_get_bytes(a){var b;for(b=0;b<a.length;++b)a[b]=rng_get_byte();}function SecureRandom(){}SecureRandom.prototype.nextBytes=rng_get_bytes;";

const char jsbn_2_js[] = "function bnpRShiftTo(a,b){b.s=this.s;var c=Math.floor(a/this.DB);if(c>=this.t){b.t=0;return;}var d=a%this.DB;var e=this.DB-d;var f=(1<<d)-1;b[0]=this[c]>>d;for(var g=c+1;g<this.t;++g){b[g-c-1]|=(this[g]&f)<<e;b[g-c]=this[g]>>d;}if(d>0)b[this.t-c-1]|=(this.s&f)<<e;b.t=this.t-c;b.clamp();}function bnpSubTo(a,b){var c=0,d=0,e=Math.min(a.t,this.t);while(c<e){d+=this[c]-a[c];b[c++]=d&this.DM;d>>=this.DB;}if(a.t<this.t){d-=a.s;while(c<this.t){d+=this[c];b[c++]=d&this.DM;d>>=this.DB;}d+=this.s;}else{d+=this.s;while(c<a.t){d-=a[c];b[c++]=d&this.DM;d>>=this.DB;}d-=a.s;}b.s=(d<0)?-1:0;if(d<-1)b[c++]=this.DV+d;else if(d>0)b[c++]=d;b.t=c;b.clamp();}function bnpMultiplyTo(a,b){var c=this.abs(),d=a.abs();var e=c.t;b.t=e+d.t;while(--e>=0)b[e]=0;for(e=0;e<d.t;++e)b[e+c.t]=c.am(0,d[e],b,e,0,c.t);b.s=0;b.clamp();if(this.s!=a.s)BigInteger.ZERO.subTo(b,b);}function bnpSquareTo(a){var b=this.abs();var c=a.t=2*b.t;while(--c>=0)a[c]=0;for(c=0;c<b.t-1;++c){var d=b.am(c,b[c],a,2*c,0,1);if((a[c+b.t]+=b.am(c+1,2*b[c],a,2*c+1,d,b.t-c-1))>=b.DV){a[c+b.t]-=b.DV;a[c+b.t+1]=1;}}if(a.t>0)a[a.t-1]+=b.am(c,b[c],a,2*c,0,1);a.s=0;a.clamp();}function bnpDivRemTo(a,b,c){var d=a.abs();if(d.t<=0)return;var e=this.abs();if(e.t<d.t){if(b!=null)b.fromInt(0);if(c!=null)this.copyTo(c);return;}if(c==null)c=nbi();var f=nbi(),g=this.s,h=a.s;var i=this.DB-nbits(d[d.t-1]);if(i>0){d.lShiftTo(i,f);e.lShiftTo(i,c);}else{d.copyTo(f);e.copyTo(c);}var j=f.t;var k=f[j-1];if(k==0)return;var l=k*(1<<this.F1)+((j>1)?f[j-2]>>this.F2:0);var m=this.FV/l,n=(1<<this.F1)/l,o=1<<this.F2;var p=c.t,q=p-j,r=(b==null)?nbi():b;f.dlShiftTo(q,r);if(c.compareTo(r)>=0){c[c.t++]=1;c.subTo(r,c);}BigInteger.ONE.dlShiftTo(j,r);r.subTo(f,f);while(f.t<j)f[f.t++]=0;while(--q>=0){var s=(c[--p]==k)?this.DM:Math.floor(c[p]*m+(c[p-1]+o)*n);if((c[p]+=f.am(0,s,c,q,0,j))<s){f.dlShiftTo(q,r);c.subTo(r,c);while(c[p]<--s)c.subTo(r,c);}}if(b!=null){c.drShiftTo(j,b);if(g!=h)BigInteger.ZERO.subTo(b,b);}c.t=j;c.clamp();if(i>0)c.rShiftTo(i,c);if(g<0)BigInteger.ZERO.subTo(c,c);}function bnMod(a){var b=nbi();this.abs().divRemTo(a,null,b);if(this.s<0&&b.compareTo(BigInteger.ZERO)>0)a.subTo(b,b);return b;}function Classic(a){this.m=a;}function cConvert(a){if(a.s<0||a.compareTo(this.m)>=0)return a.mod(this.m);else return a;}function cRevert(a){return a;}function cReduce(a){a.divRemTo(this.m,null,a);}function cMulTo(a,b,c){a.multiplyTo(b,c);this.reduce(c);}function cSqrTo(a,b){a.squareTo(b);this.reduce(b);}Classic.prototype.convert=cConvert;Classic.prototype.revert=cRevert;Classic.prototype.reduce=cReduce;Classic.prototype.mulTo=cMulTo;Classic.prototype.sqrTo=cSqrTo;function bnpInvDigit(){if(this.t<1)return 0;var a=this[0];if((a&1)==0)return 0;var b=a&3;b=(b*(2-(a&0xf)*b))&0xf;b=(b*(2-(a&0xff)*b))&0xff;b=(b*(2-(((a&0xffff)*b)&0xffff)))&0xffff;b=(b*(2-a*b%this.DV))%this.DV;return(b>0)?this.DV-b:-b;}function Montgomery(a){this.m=a;this.mp=a.invDigit();this.mpl=this.mp&0x7fff;this.mph=this.mp>>15;this.um=(1<<(a.DB-15))-1;this.mt2=2*a.t;}function montConvert(a){var b=nbi();a.abs().dlShiftTo(this.m.t,b);b.divRemTo(this.m,null,b);if(a.s<0&&b.compareTo(BigInteger.ZERO)>0)this.m.subTo(b,b);return b;}function montRevert(a){var b=nbi();a.copyTo(b);this.reduce(b);return b;}function montReduce(a){while(a.t<=this.mt2)a[a.t++]=0;for(var b=0;b<this.m.t;++b){var c=a[b]&0x7fff;var d=(c*this.mpl+(((c*this.mph+(a[b]>>15)*this.mpl)&this.um)<<15))&a.DM;c=b+this.m.t;a[c]+=this.m.am(0,d,a,b,0,this.m.t);while(a[c]>=a.DV){a[c]-=a.DV;a[++c]++;}}a.clamp();a.drShiftTo(this.m.t,a);if(a.compareTo(this.m)>=0)a.subTo(this.m,a);}function montSqrTo(a,b){a.squareTo(b);this.reduce(b);}function montMulTo(a,b,c){a.multiplyTo(b,c);this.reduce(c);}Montgomery.prototype.convert=montConvert;Montgomery.prototype.revert=montRevert;Montgomery.prototype.reduce=montReduce;Montgomery.prototype.mulTo=montMulTo;Montgomery.prototype.sqrTo=montSqrTo;function bnpIsEven(){return((this.t>0)?(this[0]&1):this.s)==0;}function bnpExp(a,b){if(a>0xffffffff||a<1)return BigInteger.ONE;var c=nbi(),d=nbi(),e=b.convert(this),f=nbits(a)-1;e.copyTo(c);while(--f>=0){b.sqrTo(c,d);if((a&(1<<f))>0)b.mulTo(d,e,c);else{var g=c;c=d;d=g;}}return b.revert(c);}function bnModPowInt(a,b){var c;if(a<256||b.isEven())c=new Classic(b);else c=new Montgomery(b);return this.exp(a,c);}BigInteger.prototype.copyTo=bnpCopyTo;BigInteger.prototype.fromInt=bnpFromInt;BigInteger.prototype.fromString=bnpFromString;BigInteger.prototype.clamp=bnpClamp;BigInteger.prototype.dlShiftTo=bnpDLShiftTo;BigInteger.prototype.drShiftTo=bnpDRShiftTo;BigInteger.prototype.lShiftTo=bnpLShiftTo;BigInteger.prototype.rShiftTo=bnpRShiftTo;BigInteger.prototype.subTo=bnpSubTo;BigInteger.prototype.multiplyTo=bnpMultiplyTo;BigInteger.prototype.squareTo=bnpSquareTo;BigInteger.prototype.divRemTo=bnpDivRemTo;BigInteger.prototype.invDigit=bnpInvDigit;BigInteger.prototype.isEven=bnpIsEven;BigInteger.prototype.exp=bnpExp;BigInteger.prototype.toString=bnToString;BigInteger.prototype.negate=bnNegate;BigInteger.prototype.abs=bnAbs;BigInteger.prototype.compareTo=bnCompareTo;BigInteger.prototype.bitLength=bnBitLength;BigInteger.prototype.mod=bnMod;BigInteger.prototype.modPowInt=bnModPowInt;BigInteger.ZERO=nbv(0);BigInteger.ONE=nbv(1);";

const char jsbn_1_js[] = "var dbits;var canary=0xdeadbeefcafe;var j_lm=((canary&0xffffff)==0xefcafe);function BigInteger(a,b,c){if(a!=null)if('number'==typeof a)this.fromNumber(a,b,c);else if(b==null&&'string'!=typeof a)this.fromString(a,256);else this.fromString(a,b);}function nbi(){return new BigInteger(null);}function am1(a,b,c,d,e,f){while(--f>=0){var g=b*this[a++]+c[d]+e;e=Math.floor(g/0x4000000);c[d++]=g&0x3ffffff;}return e;}function am2(a,b,c,d,e,f){var g=b&0x7fff,h=b>>15;while(--f>=0){var i=this[a]&0x7fff;var j=this[a++]>>15;var k=h*i+j*g;i=g*i+((k&0x7fff)<<15)+c[d]+(e&0x3fffffff);e=(i>>>30)+(k>>>15)+h*j+(e>>>30);c[d++]=i&0x3fffffff;}return e;}function am3(a,b,c,d,e,f){var g=b&0x3fff,h=b>>14;while(--f>=0){var i=this[a]&0x3fff;var j=this[a++]>>14;var k=h*i+j*g;i=g*i+((k&0x3fff)<<14)+c[d]+e;e=(i>>28)+(k>>14)+h*j;c[d++]=i&0xfffffff;}return e;}if(j_lm&&(navigator.appName=='Microsoft Internet Explorer')){BigInteger.prototype.am=am2;dbits=30;}else if(j_lm&&(navigator.appName!='Netscape')){BigInteger.prototype.am=am1;dbits=26;}else{BigInteger.prototype.am=am3;dbits=28;}BigInteger.prototype.DB=dbits;BigInteger.prototype.DM=((1<<dbits)-1);BigInteger.prototype.DV=(1<<dbits);var BI_FP=52;BigInteger.prototype.FV=Math.pow(2,BI_FP);BigInteger.prototype.F1=BI_FP-dbits;BigInteger.prototype.F2=2*dbits-BI_FP;var BI_RM='0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz';var BI_RC=new Array();var rr,vv;rr='0'.charCodeAt(0);for(vv=0;vv<=9;++vv)BI_RC[rr++]=vv;rr='a'.charCodeAt(0);for(vv=10;vv<36;++vv)BI_RC[rr++]=vv;rr='A'.charCodeAt(0);for(vv=10;vv<36;++vv)BI_RC[rr++]=vv;function int2char(a){return BI_RM.charAt(a);}function intAt(a,b){var c=BI_RC[a.charCodeAt(b)];return(c==null)?-1:c;}function bnpCopyTo(a){for(var b=this.t-1;b>=0;--b)a[b]=this[b];a.t=this.t;a.s=this.s;}function bnpFromInt(a){this.t=1;this.s=(a<0)?-1:0;if(a>0)this[0]=a;else if(a<-1)this[0]=a+this.DV;else this.t=0;}function nbv(a){var b=nbi();b.fromInt(a);return b;}function bnpFromString(a,b){var c;if(b==16)c=4;else if(b==8)c=3;else if(b==256)c=8;else if(b==2)c=1;else if(b==32)c=5;else if(b==4)c=2;else{this.fromRadix(a,b);return;}this.t=0;this.s=0;var d=a.length,e=false,f=0;while(--d>=0){var g=(c==8)?a[d]&0xff:intAt(a,d);if(g<0){if(a.charAt(d)=='-')e=true;continue;}e=false;if(f==0)this[this.t++]=g;else if(f+c>this.DB){this[this.t-1]|=(g&((1<<(this.DB-f))-1))<<f;this[this.t++]=(g>>(this.DB-f));}else this[this.t-1]|=g<<f;f+=c;if(f>=this.DB)f-=this.DB;}if(c==8&&(a[0]&0x80)!=0){this.s=-1;if(f>0)this[this.t-1]|=((1<<(this.DB-f))-1)<<f;}this.clamp();if(e)BigInteger.ZERO.subTo(this,this);}function bnpClamp(){var a=this.s&this.DM;while(this.t>0&&this[this.t-1]==a)--this.t;}function bnToString(a){if(this.s<0)return '-'+this.negate().toString(a);var b;if(a==16)b=4;else if(a==8)b=3;else if(a==2)b=1;else if(a==32)b=5;else if(a==4)b=2;else return this.toRadix(a);var c=(1<<b)-1,d,e=false,f='',g=this.t;var h=this.DB-(g*this.DB)%b;if(g-->0){if(h<this.DB&&(d=this[g]>>h)>0){e=true;f=int2char(d);}while(g>=0){if(h<b){d=(this[g]&((1<<h)-1))<<(b-h);d|=this[--g]>>(h+=this.DB-b);}else{d=(this[g]>>(h-=b))&c;if(h<=0){h+=this.DB;--g;}}if(d>0)e=true;if(e)f+=int2char(d);}}return e?f:'0';}function bnNegate(){var a=nbi();BigInteger.ZERO.subTo(this,a);return a;}function bnAbs(){return(this.s<0)?this.negate():this;}function bnCompareTo(a){var b=this.s-a.s;if(b!=0)return b;var c=this.t;b=c-a.t;if(b!=0)return(this.s<0)?-b:b;while(--c>=0)if((b=this[c]-a[c])!=0)return b;return 0;}function nbits(a){var b=1,c;if((c=a>>>16)!=0){a=c;b+=16;}if((c=a>>8)!=0){a=c;b+=8;}if((c=a>>4)!=0){a=c;b+=4;}if((c=a>>2)!=0){a=c;b+=2;}if((c=a>>1)!=0){a=c;b+=1;}return b;}function bnBitLength(){if(this.t<=0)return 0;return this.DB*(this.t-1)+nbits(this[this.t-1]^(this.s&this.DM));}function bnpDLShiftTo(a,b){var c;for(c=this.t-1;c>=0;--c)b[c+a]=this[c];for(c=a-1;c>=0;--c)b[c]=0;b.t=this.t+a;b.s=this.s;}function bnpDRShiftTo(a,b){for(var c=a;c<this.t;++c)b[c-a]=this[c];b.t=Math.max(this.t-a,0);b.s=this.s;}function bnpLShiftTo(a,b){var c=a%this.DB;var d=this.DB-c;var e=(1<<d)-1;var f=Math.floor(a/this.DB),g=(this.s<<c)&this.DM,h;for(h=this.t-1;h>=0;--h){b[h+f+1]=(this[h]>>d)|g;g=(this[h]&e)<<c;}for(h=f-1;h>=0;--h)b[h]=0;b[f]=g;b.t=this.t+f+1;b.s=this.s;b.clamp();}";

const char script_js[] = "var base_url='http://192.168.0.1/';var network_list;var public_key;var rsa=new RSAKey();var scanButton=document.getElementById('scan-button');var connectButton=document.getElementById('connect-button');var copyButton=document.getElementById('copy-button');var showButton=document.getElementById('show-button');var deviceID=document.getElementById('device-id');var connectForm=document.getElementById('connect-form');var public_key_callback={success:function(a){console.log('Public key: '+a.b);public_key=a.b;rsa.setPublic(public_key.substring(58,58+256),public_key.substring(318,318+6));},error:function(a,b){console.log(a);window.alert('There was a problem fetching important information from your device. Please verify your connection, then reload this page.');}};var device_id_callback={success:function(a){var b=a.id;deviceID.value=b;},error:function(a,b){console.log(a);var c='COMMUNICATION_ERROR';deviceID.value=c;}};var scan=function(){console.log('Scanning...!');disableButtons();scanButton.innerHTML='Scanning...';connectButton.innerHTML='Connect';document.getElementById('connect-div').style.display='none';document.getElementById('networks-div').style.display='none';getRequest(base_url+'scan-ap',scan_callback);};var scan_callback={success:function(a){network_list=a.scans;console.log('I found:');var b=document.getElementById('networks-div');b.innerHTML='';if(network_list.length>0)for(var c=0;c<network_list.length;c++){ssid=network_list[c].ssid;console.log(network_list[c]);add_wifi_option(b,ssid);document.getElementById('connect-div').style.display='block';}else b.innerHTML='<p class=\\'scanning-error\\'>No networks found.</p>';},error:function(a){console.log('Scanning error:'+a);document.getElementById('networks-div').innerHTML='<p class=\\'scanning-error\\'>Scanning error.</p>';},regardless:function(){scanButton.innerHTML='Re-Scan';enableButtons();document.getElementById('networks-div').style.display='block';}};var configure=function(a){a.preventDefault();var b=get_selected_network();var c=document.getElementById('password').value;if(!b){window.alert('Please select a network!');return false;}var d={idx:0,ssid:b.ssid,pwd:rsa.encrypt(c),sec:b.sec,ch:b.ch};connectButton.innerHTML='Sending credentials...';disableButtons();console.log('Sending credentials: '+JSON.stringify(d));postRequest(base_url+'configure-ap',d,configure_callback);};var configure_callback={success:function(a){console.log('Credentials received.');connectButton.innerHTML='Credentials received...';postRequest(base_url+'connect-ap',{idx:0},connect_callback);},error:function(a,b){console.log('Configure error: '+a);window.alert('The configuration command failed, check that you are still well connected to the device\\'s WiFi hotspot and retry.');connectButton.innerHTML='Retry';enableButtons();}};var connect_callback={success:function(a){console.log('Attempting to connect to the cloud.');connectButton.innerHTML='Attempting to connect...';window.alert('Your device should now start flashing green and attempt to connect to the cloud. This usually takes about 20 seconds, after which it will begin slowly blinking cyan. \\n\\n\\nIf this process fails because you entered the wrong password, the device will flash green indefinitely. In this case, hold the setup button for 6 seconds until the device starts blinking blue again. Then reconnect to the WiFi hotspot it generates and reload this page to try again.');},error:function(a,b){console.log('Connect error: '+a);window.alert('The connect command failed, check that you are still well connected to the device\\'s WiFi hotspot and retry.');connectButton.innerHTML='Retry';enableButtons();}};var disableButtons=function(){connectButton.disabled=true;scanButton.disabled=true;};var enableButtons=function(){connectButton.disabled=false;scanButton.disabled=false;};var add_wifi_option=function(a,b){var c=document.createElement('INPUT');c.type='radio';c.value=b;c.id=b;c.name='ssid';c.className='radio';var d=document.createElement('DIV');d.className='radio-div';d.appendChild(c);var e=document.createElement('label');e.htmlFor=b;e.innerHTML=b;d.appendChild(e);a.appendChild(d);};var get_selected_network=function(){for(var a=0;a<network_list.length;a++){ssid=network_list[a].ssid;if(document.getElementById(ssid).checked)return network_list[a];}};var copy=function(){window.prompt('Copy to clipboard: Ctrl + C, Enter',deviceID.value);};var toggleShow=function(){var a=document.getElementById('password');inputType=a.type;if(inputType==='password'){showButton.innerHTML='Hide';a.type='text';}else{showButton.innerHTML='Show';a.type='password';}};var getRequest=function(a,b){var c=new XMLHttpRequest();c.open('GET',a,true);c.timeout=8000;c.send();c.onreadystatechange=function(){if(c.readyState==4)if(b){if(c.status==200){if(b.success)b.success(JSON.parse(c.responseText));}else if(b.error)b.error(c.status,c.responseText);if(b.regardless)b.regardless();}};};var postRequest=function(a,b,c){var d=JSON.stringify(b);var e=new XMLHttpRequest();e.open('POST',a,true);e.timeout=4000;e.setRequestHeader('Content-Type','multipart/form-data');e.send(d);e.onreadystatechange=function(){if(e.readyState==4)if(c){if(e.status==200){if(c.success)c.success(JSON.parse(e.responseText));}else if(c.error)c.error(e.status,e.responseText);if(c.regardless)c.regardless();}};};if(scanButton.addEventListener){copyButton.addEventListener('click',copy);showButton.addEventListener('click',toggleShow);scanButton.addEventListener('click',scan);connectForm.addEventListener('submit',configure);}else if(scanButton.attachEvent){copyButton.attachEvent('onclick',copy);showButton.attachEvent('onclick',toggleShow);scanButton.attachEvent('onclick',scan);connectForm.attachEvent('onsubmit',configure);}getRequest(base_url+'device-id',device_id_callback);getRequest(base_url+'public-key',public_key_callback);";

const char prng4_js[] = "function Arcfour(){this.i=0;this.j=0;this.S=new Array();}function ARC4init(a){var b,c,d;for(b=0;b<256;++b)this.S[b]=b;c=0;for(b=0;b<256;++b){c=(c+this.S[b]+a[b%a.length])&255;d=this.S[b];this.S[b]=this.S[c];this.S[c]=d;}this.i=0;this.j=0;}function ARC4next(){var a;this.i=(this.i+1)&255;this.j=(this.j+this.S[this.i])&255;a=this.S[this.i];this.S[this.i]=this.S[this.j];this.S[this.j]=a;return this.S[(a+this.S[this.i])&255];}Arcfour.prototype.init=ARC4init;Arcfour.prototype.next=ARC4next;function prng_newstate(){return new Arcfour();}var rng_psize=256;";

Page myPages[] = {
     { "/index.html", "text/html", index_html },
     { "/rsa-utils/rsa.js", "application/javascript", rsa_js },
     { "/style.css", "text/css", style_css },
     { "/rsa-utils/rng.js", "application/javascript", rng_js },
     { "/rsa-utils/jsbn_2.js", "application/javascript", jsbn_2_js },
     { "/rsa-utils/jsbn_1.js", "application/javascript", jsbn_1_js },
     { "/script.js", "application/javascript", script_js },
     { "/rsa-utils/prng4.js", "application/javascript", prng4_js },
     { nullptr }
};

void myPage(const char* url, ResponseCallback* cb, void* cbArg, Reader* body, Writer* result, void* reserved)
{
    Serial.printlnf("handling page %s", url);

if (strcmp(url,"/index")==0) {
        Serial.println("sending redirect");
        Header h("Location: /index.html\r\n");
        cb(cbArg, 0, 301, "text/plain", &h);
        return;
    }

int8_t idx = 0;
    for (;;idx++) {
        Page& p = myPages[idx];
        if (!p.url) {
            idx = -1;
            break;
        }
        else if (strcmp(url, p.url)==0) {
            break;
        }
    }

if (idx==-1) {
        cb(cbArg, 0, 404, nullptr, nullptr);
    }
    else {
        cb(cbArg, 0, 200, myPages[idx].mime_type, nullptr);
        result->write(myPages[idx].data);
    }
}

STARTUP(softap_set_application_page_handler(myPage, nullptr));

/******************** END SOFTAP IMPLEMENTATION ********************/

#define makeString(s) str(s)
#define str(s) #s

// used to build a query string using productID, product version and device id
#define PARTICLE_PRODUCT_ID 0000
#define PARTICLE_PRODUCT_VERSION 00
#define OUR_PRODUCT_URL google.com

#include "MDNS.h"

#include <vector>

#define HTTP_PORT 80
#define ALT_HTTP_PORT 8080

template<class T>
inline Print &operator <<(Print &obj, T arg)
{
  obj.write(arg);
  return obj;
}

MDNS mdns;

TCPServer server = TCPServer(HTTP_PORT);
TCPServer altServer = TCPServer(ALT_HTTP_PORT);

String deviceID;

void setup() 
{
    deviceID = Particle.deviceID();
  server.begin();
  altServer.begin();

std::vector<String> subServices;

subServices.push_back("printer");

bool success = mdns.setHostname("particle");

if (success) {
    success = mdns.addService("tcp", "http", HTTP_PORT, "particle local", subServices);
  }

mdns.addTXTEntry("normal");

if (success) {
    success = mdns.addService("tcp", "http", ALT_HTTP_PORT, "particle alt");
  }

mdns.addTXTEntry("alt");

if (success) {
    success = mdns.begin();
  }
}

void loop() {
  mdns.processQueries();

TCPClient client = server.available();

if (client)
  {
    while (client.read() != -1);

client << "HTTP/1.1 200 Ok\n\n<html><body><h1>Main Port (80) working ok!</h1></body></html>\n\n";

client.flush();
    delay(5);
    client.stop();
  }

TCPClient altClient = altServer.available();

if (altClient){
    while (altClient.read() != -1);

altClient << "HTTP/1.1 200 Ok\n\n<html><head><title>Redirect</title><script>window.location = 'http://";
    altClient << makeString(OUR_PRODUCT_URL);
    altClient << "/home?productId=";
    altClient << makeString(PARTICLE_PRODUCT_ID);
    altClient << "&firmwareVersion=";
    altClient << makeString(PARTICLE_PRODUCT_VERSION);
    altClient << "&deviceId=";
    altClient << deviceID;
    altClient << "';</script>""</head><body><p>Please click <a href=' http://";
    altClient << makeString(OUR_PRODUCT_URL);
    altClient << "/home?productId=";
    altClient << makeString(PARTICLE_PRODUCT_ID);
    altClient << "&firmwareVersion=";
    altClient << makeString(PARTICLE_PRODUCT_VERSION);
    altClient << "&deviceId=";
    altClient << deviceID;
    altClient << "'>here</a> if you are not automatically redirected in the next few seconds.</p></body></html>";

altClient.flush();
    delay(5);
    altClient.stop();
  }
}
3 Likes

Thanks for the help. I will try working on it this week and let you know.

1 Like

:thumbsup:

I’m not sure if Windows machines yet support mDNS natively. So from memory, you may have to install Bonjour or iTunes (which installs Bonjour) onto windows machines. I’m sure there are forum members who can chime in here…