Atomiot (Formerly Spark Tools) - Monitor Spark Projects with zero code.. and other stuff

I’d also be interested in being a beta user if you want to add me. My username is Hypnopompia.

Feature Request: Be able to delete old series data that I’m not using anymore to clean up the list.

@timb @Hypnopompia You’re on the beta users list. You should now see an “Actions” menu.
You can set up two types of actions right now. Email or Pushover notification. If you don’t have a pushover account, it’s free and super easy to setup. Just make sure you put your Pushover User Key in your profile.
Actions can be triggered by values from your schedules being greater than or less than a threshold value. You can set a message for entering the alerted status, and exiting(ie. when the value goes back to normal).

Have at it! I’d love some feeback.

oh ya. Queues for actions are processed every 5 minutes so may have to wait a bit after your schedule gets executed and reads data.
For testing I created two actions. One for the value going above a threshold and the other for a value going below.
I set the threshold values really close to each other so there was only a small window of acceptable values.
I’m tracking temperature so I picked a value that I know my home fluctuates around so I can get push notifications throughout the day. It’s working great so far.

On the todo list. It’ll save me some storage costs too! :slight_smile:

@kareem613 Hmmm, all of a sudden (as of this afternoon) the bar style graphs aren’t showing the correct values. Check this chart out. The pressure readings are in the 90s, when they should be around 30… If I switch from the bar style to spline or line, the data is fine, so it seems to be a specific problem with the bar graph code?

Interesting. Can you share another chart as well with line series for comparison?
You’re saying this looked fine before?

Edit: I see the issue. Not sure the cause though. The data fed to highcharts is correct. I’ll have to dig deeper.
Edit2: Problem solved. Highcharts was grouping the data and summing it because it decided there were too many samples to graph. Clearly the defaults aren’t set for the Internet of Things. :smile:

You chart looks good now.

Awesome, thanks! It’s cool to see the A/C regulating the temperature in the house. The spline graph is a wave in a one degree section.

@kareem613 Question: What does “Auto Match Series Name” in Schedules do?

I didn’t explain that anywhere did I? Oops.

It will automatically create a new series to match the name of the core if it changes.

Use it if you want to use the same core/sensors to track a different room in it’s own series.

You can just move the core and rename it from the spark core mobile app. The service will then create a new series to match the core name. You won’t have to do anything from the web app.

Until I have a core in each room, I’m using this to rotate the devices between rooms.

Just tried to open the tools to my core - and I got some error:

“Cannot deserialize the current JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) into type ‘System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]’ because the type requires a JSON object (e.g. {“name”:“value”}) to deserialize correctly.
To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON object (e.g. {“name”:“value”}) or change the deserialized type to an array or a type that implements a collection interface (e.g. ICollection, IList) like List that can be deserialized from a JSON array. JsonArrayAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON array.
Path ‘variables’, line 5, position 17.”

Maybe I did something wrong, but couldn’t figure out

Hmm. I’ll check my monitoring to see if I can get more details on the issue.

Did you create an account and browse list of your devices or were you entering your api token on the page?

[quote=“kareem613, post:50, topic:3217”]
you create an account and browse list of your devices or were you entering your api token on the page
[/quote]It was when I was trying to access variables on my device, but device was somewhere between flashing firmware and being ready up. After it was ready - the service worked great, so thanks for that!

ah. Nice find!
The response from the API seems different if a device is in the middle of being flashed. I’ll dig deeper to solve this.
In the mean time, you’re right. Just wait until the device is breathing cyan again and you’re good to go.

Hello
After one month, I am back. I can see the huge work done by Kareem, that’s great!
I have repluged my spark core, and reactivated the schedule, however, I can’t plot the serie.
First of all the previous data is still there in the graph, I can’t see a way to clear it. Also, when new data is added to the serie (I can see it through Total Data Points), the graph doesn’t show them. Serie name is palak_paneer-str_celsius

@kareem613 Di…did all the data get reset? :frowning:

I do like the new look and name though!

I’ll take a look into it.

Definitely didn’t reset anything. What’s the issue?

I started a new thread existing the name change here. I’ll be watching both threads anyways though.

@Fabien I found the issue. Silly mistake. Your chart should have all data now.

@timb This might be what you were thinking was data being reset. Please check again and let me know.

@kareem613 Yup! It’s fixed.

Great!
Have you tried out the push notifications yet?