Adafruit_RA8875?

Does anyone know if there is a working Spark conversion for this library? I’m planning a project, and would really dig one of those nice big touchscreens. :smile:

The board in question:
RA8875 TFT Driver Board

The library in question:
RA8875 Arduino Library

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I’m not aware of a finished port of this lib, but just skimming over the code it looks quite portable.

@screamingcities, please keep your questions to a single post. I already answered this on the mfGFX library topic:

3 Likes

Oh sorry peeKay, I’d actually already posted this before you responded, and I posted this figuring it was a question that should probably be it’s own thing rather then just randomly in another post- didn’t mean to offend?

Thanks for the info though… Any kind of good tutorials on porting libraries? I’ve never done so, and I’m honestly not sure where to begin.

1 Like

@screamingcities, in this case porting sounds bigger than it actually is, since there’s no bare metal programming required.

Some basic tips & hints you’ll find here

As long you can read C/C++ you’ll find your way round.
One thing to consider in this case is the different CPU speed, so you’ll have to adjust the SPI_CLOCK_DIV

e.g.

#if defined(SPARK)
    SPI.setClockDivider(SPI_CLOCK_DIV32);
#else
  #ifdef __AVR__
    SPI.setClockDivider(SPI_CLOCK_DIV4);
  #endif
#endif
2 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but I started a project that uses the Driver Board linked above and a 7-inch 800x480 resistive display.

The Adafruit_RA8875 library is working very well for me on a photon. I did have to make one slight modification to the library though. In Adafruit_RA8875.cpp I had to add the following line:

#define SPI_HAS_TRANSACTION 1
2 Likes