A great & very cheap MP3 sound module without need for a library!

Thank you for helping nonetheless that’s nice of you :slight_smile:

I guess there is no “magical” way to get rid of such interferences (even more when we don’t really know where they come from…) ? Or a known component that may do the trick ?
I guess adding an amplifier would just amplify these noises?

I use these with no noise on the lines, can you share a link for the one you bought and a picture of your wiring?

I use these ones, i checked the official ones and they look very similar but maybe they’re just good copies, can’t really tell.

I just ended up unsoldering everything and tried with another DFPlayer and it seems much better (at least on a protoboard).

Maybe i fried something at some point that is the source of these noises, i don’t remember having them when first testing on a protoboard with the current faulty DfPlayer.

I guess we can say : problem solved

2 Likes

I bought mine from Amazon too, different seller, but very similar. Make sure you share all your grounds to the same connection if possible, multiple grounds can cause signal loss/degradation. But it sounds like you may have just had a bad one, hopefully its fixed now.

1 Like

@Durss and @Mjones and @gusgonnet - any of you using the ‘fake’ DFPlayer Minis? If so what library are you using please? I find the library I use (The Angelo version V1.0 date 2016-12-07) one doesn’t work

I’m just using the DFPlayerMini the way FiDel does in his first post via raw commands.
I saw this lib tho, haven’t tried using it with a particle Board :

I think i saw that “SoftwareSerial” lib doesn’t exist in particle env so not sure the lib can work.

Hi, no, I am not using any of them.

For Gen2 devices there is a ParticleSoftSerial library.
But as this only provides a means to emulate a UART interface in software with the presence of hardware UART having a SoftwareSerial is not required.

1 Like

Hi,

I have bought the DFPlayer mini and I have now three pcs and facing the same issue with all three parts. No matter how my SD card looks like and no matter how I store the mp3 files I get only the message:
7E FF 06 40 00 00 01 FE BA EF
which is “Module busy(this info is returned when the initialization
is not done)” according to the manual.
The only meaningful message I get is
7E FF 06 3A 00 00 02 - SD card is inserted
7E FF 06 3B 00 00 02 - SD card is pulled out.

Any ideas???

How are your devices wired together?

to me this HW connections seems to be straight forward:

VCC is 5 V from USB
GND is GND from USB
SPK1 is one pole of a speaker
SPK2 is other pole of the speaker

RX is connected to a FTDI based USB to serial 3.3 V compliant converter at PC
TX is connected to a FTDI based USB to serial 3.3 V compliant converter at PC
GND is connected to a FTDI based USB to serial 3.3 V compliant converter at PC

Just to note the obvious - this forum is targeting Particle devices but in your setup there doesn't seem to be one of these involved, so you may be better served in the DFRobot community (where the original of these MP3 modules comes from) or the manufacturer of that FTDI converther.

However, on thing you can always try: Flip RX and TX.

Also when powering the module off of 5V you need to make sure that your FTDI converter can handle 5V on its 3.3V RX line and that the MP3 module does in deed read 3.3V as high on its RX line.

1 Like

Application of same Idea

2 Likes