3.3V* filtered output pin question

I was looking for more data on filtered 3.3V* pin and stumbled upon the thread below, it was pretty helpful but I was wondering if someone could answer a more specific question.

One of my Particle Core's outputs exactly 3.21V, even when powered from different supplies and this number is pretty solid and accurate. My question is, can I expect this to be the same across all (or most) Core's / Photons ? If there is an error in differing from this value, what would it be?

The reason I ask is because I'd like to set up a number of connected devices that use an analog sensor to measure distance. Since the output result depends on voltage, I need a very accurate voltage source and if it differs from one Core to another, that would throw off results.

Thanks in advance!

John

Hi @John9570,

I think you’re on the right track! That filtered 3v3 output on the core I believe is meant to be used as a reference voltage for analog measurements. The Photon P0 module didn’t allow for us to expose a similar reference voltage, so it might be trickier on the Photon. I’m certainly more on the software side of things though, so I might be wrong here. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks!
David

1 Like