Carloop: connected car adapter

Hi, a colleague of mine bought one on celery. What’s the eta of manufacturing of those loverly sticks? :smile:

I assembled the first batch of prototypes and I’m testing them to make sure they work. I expect to ship to the first dozen backers in a week. I’m also working on the software library to expose the CAN, GPS and OBD signals (first version is on GitHub https://github.com/carloop/carloop-library)

2 Likes

Great! Thanks for the feedback!

Quick update: we’ve finally shipped all pre-ordered Carloops 2 weeks ago! We’re excited to see how many people supported this effort. Let us know what you’ve built. Someone in the Carloop forum ran into an issue with power supply heat. Luckily @jvanier rigged up a nice solution for anyone else having these issues.

Also, we will have a booth at the Maker Faire close to Particle. Come by to say hi and check out our freshly minted Carloops. We’ll have a cool Carloop demo to show you too!

2 Likes

Carloop rev2.3 is now shipping! If you’ve ordered one, it will soon be showing up at your doorstep (or mailbox).

@squeakywheel I looked on the carloop forum and I didn’t see where I could buy the new carloop.

@Greg123 here you go: carloop.io/buy

@squeakywheel What’s the difference between the new carloop and the original?

Rev 2.3 has a switching power supply as opposed to Rev 2.2 which has a linear voltage regulator. They both work fine, but Rev 2.3 runs cooler.

Carloop Update: the fun journey continues - Carloop kits now 25% off on Massdrop until Tuesday, April 25th!!

Connect your Photon or Electron to your car!

2 Likes