Using a Keypad with Spark Core

Yes, you’re right. It was the declaration as double that caused the problem (I think peekay123 might have made a typo) and I didn’t read the compiler moan properly and just changed the declarations back to what they’d been originally. Changed to long now and all still works fine. Thanks everyone for the help. Slowly but surely this programming stuff is coming back to me after 20 odd years off!

2 Likes

@jmcaddy, yup that was a typo :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll fix it and re-post it as separate library. @harrisonhjones, you think it’s worth publishing to the IDE (yuk!) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@jmcaddy, @harrisonhjones, I updated the repo for the keypad library with the bug fixes here :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This is all working very well and is now driving a relay and powering a lock. I’ve read a couple of threads that talked about the possibility of storing data locally in the Spark using eprom memory. I want to store the access code locally and allow it to be changed (either by entering a master code or maybe using the Spark web api stuff). Anyone have any experience of this?

I’d look into the flashee library or do a forum search for either the EEPROM library (also on the docs.spark.io) or write/read/erase the flash yourself

1 Like