Up-to-date Particle Webhooks Email tutorial

I’ve been trying to follow this tutorial, but it seems out of date.

The current webhooks interface has mandatory fields for URL and HTTP basic authorization, so the JSON code in the tutorial has duplicate fields. I’ve tried deleting the duplicates from the JSON but that didn’t work either.

It’s strange that the integration page has some fields defined in the form, while others need to be in the JSON code. Being new to this kind of thing it’s hard to guess how the new integration form works. There appears to be no documentation or working tutorials available?

Is there anyone who knows how to send an email with the current webhooks creation page?

Here’s my JSON code…

{
  "event": "G",
  "url": "https://api.mailgun.net/v3/sandboxf3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.mailgun.org/messages",
  "requestType": "POST",
  "mydevices": true,
  "auth": {
    "username": "api",
    "password": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx"
  },
  "noDefaults": true,
  "form": {
    "to": "thresholdengineering@comcast.net",
    "from": "ANY_NAME <ANY_EMAIL_ADDRESS@sandboxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.mailgun.org>",
    "subject": "ANY_SUBJECT",
    "text": "ANY_BODY"
  }
}

1 Like

I should have mentioned I have tested my mailgun account with their C# example code and that works just fine

Ok, I’ve finally succeded with sending an email from the webhooks integration

!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, @thresholdengineering. I’ll throw this on the issues list for our docs and request that an engineer audit and update the example if necessary.

Thanks for helping to make us aware!

Thanks for posting this. Why does everyone refer to this as a JSON setup when the screen shot (and the only working examples I’ve seen) use Web Form??