Trouble measuring distance

I tried both of them, and Eagle made just more sense to me and was easier to learn to work with.

Interesting.

I have not tried the latest versions of Eagle but it looks much improved over older versions.

KiCad does all I need for free.

I already had a license for Eagle to begin with, so it didn’t cost anything for me either :slight_smile:

I’m not familiar with the older versions, but the interface of Eagle reminds me of some non-related software I used a lot in the past.

I believe the product in link 1 features the exact same transducer as the SR04T? It’s probably just a very slight modification.Over time, two things I found useful about the JSN-SR04T:

(1) The transducer has a silicone rubber that makes it very easy to mount on a surface and keeps it in place.
(2) Since it’s such a widely used product, the manufacturer could do some minor customizations for us, e.g. a much shorter cable (20cm) to make everything fit in a small enclosure.

Well the product in link 1 is completely sealed and also has 2 mounting screws on either sides. My main reason for using product in link 1 is that it has 2 transducers instead of 1 therefore reduces the blind/minimum distance to 3cm as opposed to JSN-SR04T’s 20cm. The ebay description also has the arduino code for the sensor. Just thought of sharing for future readers. Nothing else :smiley: