Spurious Subscribe failures

Hi @daneboomer,

If you wanted, you could grab the newer ‘hal’ firmware and compile that for the core, I think right now that’s here — https://github.com/spark/firmware/tree/develop

Thanks!
David

Now that sounds exciting! If I could avoid a heartbeat workaround I should be delighted.

1 Like

@Dave, sorry, I keep putting this off and then returning to it weeks later. Please can you advise if this has worked in my favour yet? Has the bugfix made its way into the mainstream yet? I tried grabbing the new hal firmware and compiling it but to be honest it was tricky. I had no clue how to go about it. I’m wondering if I can avoid that altogether now?

Hi @daneboomer,

Sorry about the slow reply! I confirmed that the latest firmware 0.4.4 does re-send subscribe requests when the connection is dropped and re-established. I think this should fix most cases of subscriptions being lost. We should be able to make this firmware version available to cores soon, now that the firmware version targeting system is released. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David

Hi @Dave,

No worries about the ‘slow’ reply, it’s quick compared to most! :smile:

So… how soon is soon? I’m wondering if I should put off starting my project until the firmware is available for my core. Are we talking days? A week? A month?

thank you!

1 Like

Our plan is to make the core firmware available at the end of this sprint, so in around 10 days time.

1 Like

or @dave any news? :slight_smile:

Hi @daneboomer

The 0.4.4 release is out (and 0.4.5 is right around the corner now).

You can check the lastest release at the github page:

Thanks @bko, I think 0.4.4 must be the previous release - the bugfix I am waiting for must be in 0.4.5. - hoping it gets released shortly! :slight_smile:
Also - I’m waiting for it a Core!

1 Like

I think 0.4.5 core firmware as a build target is still in progress, I think we’ll avoid making it the default right away, since some small things changed when the HAL was introduced.

Thanks!
David