Jordy’s right about the rules engine, but no, the feature I was referring to in April got deprioritized as we ramped up to all-hands-on-deck for the third generation hardware.
Luis, I appreciate you advocating for this feature. Please keep doing so. As my best guess right now, I do not foresee it being implemented before mid-2019 at the earliest, probably later.
In the short term, your best bet is to implement the queueing in your own web app, along these lines:
- in your own web app, enqueue the messages
- make sure the firmware is subscribed to
hook-response/get-messages (see the webhook tutorial)
- on wakeup, have the device publish a
- create a webhook that listens for that event and hits your web app
- the response body of your web app should be a list of messages in a format that your firmware can process
FYI @jeiden (product manager of the feature you’re asking about)