Product OTA handler

Cool. So, I think we all agree the Particle platform is pretty damn cool. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be here. And I appreciate all of the feedback and attempts at workarounds. I think I am just looking for something a little more foolproof.

Sometimes when I run into a snag like this, even when I can find a hack-ish workaround, I like to ping the community because it’s often that I am not the first to run into this and someone (or Particle themselves) has already built a simple method to do what I am trying to do that just “works”.
I was hoping something as important as OTA updates in “low-power” conditions would have been something that was already tackled. If not, that’s understandable and I hope we can find a more elegant solution.

In the mean-time, my hope was that since the Particle Cloud already “knows” what product a device is associated with, and “knows” that a firmware update has been released for that product, that when the device performed a handshake, some sort of 1 or 0 would be sent to the device telling it there was an update available before the update started. Then we could programmatically use that “flag” to put our device into a state to accept and install the update with some level of certainty. If that exists, and anyone has ran into it, please let me know. :slight_smile: