OneWire Library Bug / Proposed FIX (June 2019) Affects DS18B20 and other OneWire devices

Well, no word from @rickkas7, I am continuing to watch this, but obviously moving on. I'm done with my project and it works great on the Photon, especially with library FIX.

I attempted to file a PR on the OneWire bus protocol that was listed about 5 or 6 posts ago. Don't know if I was successful filing the PR on the Particle Library, my own version of it, or an entirely different version of it. Github is not intuitive to me and I don't have a lot of time to spend on it.

It does surprise me though (having worked in the industry), that issues/bugs like this don't seem to have a central repository, I probably just can't find it. How do new/existing customers not keep chasing the same problems over and over...like this thread a few months ago that seems to me obviously linked to this bug:

I also have concerns about the OneWire "Library" as well since all of the various DS18xxx libraries seem to have the OneWire files inside of them, and no LINK to the library pointed out by rickkas7. Even if that library gets changed, I don't understand how it would propagate to the DS18xxx libraries that everyone seems to grab.

In any case, I don't use MESH but here is what I would suggest based on user comments previously: IF you are doing a OneWire address scan to discover OneWire devices, disable your mesh during that operations. Once the addresses are successfully recorded, there doesn't seem to be any other choice but to live with the high CRC error rate associated with transfers on the bus.

As I said, I'll continue to watch this thread and others regarding OneWire and (I think) awesome DS18B20s.