MAJOR BUG in 1.0.1-rc.1 and 1.0.1

What model of Electron are you using (G350, U260, U270, etc.)?

And could you add this to your code?

SerialLogHandler logHandler(LOG_LEVEL_ALL);

Note: Make sure your device has been flashed with v1.0.1 firmware locally from the Particle CLI with particle update or via all 3 system binaries particle flash --usb system-part1-1.0.1-electron.bin from the github release if you prefer. This is required to ensure the binaries have been built using DEBUG_BUILD=y to get the AT commands in the logs. If your device updated via Safe Mode Healer because you flashed a v1.0.1 app, the resulting system firmware will not contain DEBUG_BUILD=y.

I tested the code in the first post, with that line added, on an Electron U260 (3G Americas), running Device OS 1.0.1, monitoring the USB serial port using:

particle serial monitor --follow

My Electron was able to immediately reconnect with no difficulties. I let it repeat 10 times and it only took less than 10 seconds to reconnect each time.

The TRACE log SerialLogHandler logHandler(LOG_LEVEL_TRACE); would be helpful in determining what step of the reconnection process is failing for you and help isolate the problem.

The ALL log SerialLogHandler logHandler(LOG_LEVEL_ALL); will provide full AT command details straight away though, so that is preferred.