JSN-SR04 ultrasonic distance sensor library for Gen 3 devices

Rick,

Thanks so much for this library. I spent a few days working with the JSN-SR04T and the A02YYUW and the solution turned out to be fairly easy with your help and the feedback of others (Desperately Seeking Serial). I am currently using Mode 1 which is the continuous broadcast mode. (Waterproof Ultrasonic Distance Sensors with Arduino) and this seems to work as advertised but I will definitely give your library a try!

I just installed my first official Flood Dog (flooddog.com) water monitor and it has a JSN-SR04T attached. My goal is to place 42 Flood Dogs around Toronto Island to measure and monitor ground, surface and lake water levels. This first unit, FloodDog-001, is mounted on a pole at the end of the QCYC railway pier. The transducer capsule is inserted into a custom mounting plate that sits into the wooden deck surface - the sensor points down to the water beneath. So far it seems to work but I will be cross checking the accuracy of these measurements against other devices. The JSN-SR04T is just one type of level sensor I am using - I will be experimenting with other types.

I’ve custom designed the project case and 3D print every single part including the cable glands and rubber gaskets. So far the ASA I’m printing with is water tight and super strong after several months of testing and design. The Boron is mounted on Chip’s Carrier Board which all sits on a mounting bracket that slides into the project case. The sensor pcb’s (such as the breakout for the JSN-SR04T) are mounted to adapter plates inside the case as needed. The project case and solar panel holder have cutouts for zip ties to attach to a post or pole. There are also ‘wings’ that can be screwed into wooden posts or face boards such as on the side of a floating dock to measure the tilt angle.

Thanks again Rick for all the hard work.
philly

3 Likes