How to make RFM69 work on Photon? [SOLVED - new library RFM69-Particle]

This is good to know, thank you. I changed the code accordingly.

Yikes, I must be getting confused between radio libraries. Correct, it doesn’t exist. I don’t have it in my library, but there is a radio.readAllRegsCompact(); you could implement (I’ll put it on my long term to do list to maybe get to one day…).

For Boron troubleshooting, does it work if Boron is the transmitter and Photon the receiver? Can you disable the Boron cellular/mesh radios while testing?

PS: PM me if someone wants to donate 3rd gen devices and a set of RFM69 radios I can use to physically set up a test system to work through compatibility.

Trying this - no errors, output looks good in serial, but the Photon doesn’t receive anything.

C:\Users\Ben>particle serial monitor
Opening serial monitor for com port: "COM4"
Serial monitor opened successfully:
.Sending Hello Photon 19
OK, sent without retrying
.Sending Hello Photon 20
.Sending Hello Photon 21

I’ll keep trying. I really appreciate all of this - especially since you said you’ve since moved on to another rf module. I’m rechecking every wire and reflashing again.

@benbarnard that’s interesting and frustrating. And the Photon just shows “…”? The receiving Photon is definitely the one with the RX sketch on? The same Photon that before received fine from the transmitting Photon?

Do you have 2 Borons to test Boron to Boron? Just trying to isolate the problem. If Photon to Photon works, and IF Boron to Boron works, then there’s something to solve between the two hardware profiles. Maybe they have different clock speeds and the scaling or something doesn’t work appropriately.

I don’t have another Boron - but I did put in an order for two Xenons this morning. I can use them (once they show up) to test this - at least then it’ll be 3rd Gen to 3rd Gen. That said, I’m going to keep playing with this for a while in the hope that I’ve simply overlooked something. Thank you again!

Hi, Thank you @bloukingfisher for the library and the examples codes for tx and rx!