Can P1 spare pins used to wakeup from sleep

@peekay123, I’ve compiled and flashing locally with the latest develop branch that includes this PR prior to my post above.

Is there any way to determine if I flashed it correctly?

@wesner0019 @peekay123

I have a Sparkfun P1 Red board here also that currently is just sitting here.

I’m also planning on using the WKP pin on the P1 to bring it out of DeepSleep using both a timer and interrupt pin.

I’m would like to know what’s going on here now instead of later so I can test the same wake functions on my P1 Spark Fun board to see if I’m seeing the same thing or not.

I do not have the software setup to to local builds just yet but its something I’m planning on doing.

Let me know if I can help out.

@RWB, cool,

Does the Red Board have the 6 spare pins broken out by chance?

Yes it does.

@wesner0019, I have a P1 proto board that I got from Particle a while back. All pins are exposed so I’ll run the tests tonight or this weekend.

1 Like

@peekay123, awesome thanks so much for helping out.

1 Like

@peekay123 What exactly will you be testing?

I’m asking because while you have this setup I would like to know if with the current firmware if there are any issues with the P1 waking from DeepSleep using the WKP pin from a Rising Edge + Timer interrupt since that is what I’m planning on using in my setup.

I know there was issues with waking from interrupts that was supposed to be fixed in the latest firmware but I have not gotten a chance to test it just yet due to my current work load.

Either way I’m interested to hear if the P1 is behaving correctly now or not when it comes to waking from Interrupts.

@RWB, I'll be testing the using P1S4 interrupt to wake from sleep. Then I'll test using WKP rising to wake from deep sleep with and without a timer. I'm assuming that's you mean by:

I'll be testing with the latest develop branch first then with the 0.4.9 release. Am I missing anything?

1 Like

@Peekay123 Yea you got it right :smiley:

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi @peekay123, just checking in to see if you’ve had time to test on your end?

Same here but if his weekend was anything like mine he didn’t have time to do any playing around :smile:

@RWB, @wesner0019, I’ll be testing tonight :neutral_face:

@peekay123 No big rush, I know how it goes :smile:

2 Likes

@RWB, @wesner0019, I can confirm that none of the extra GPIO pins on the P1 work with sleep. Has either of you raised an issue on github?

@peekay123 I just plan on using the WKP pin to wake from sleep. Did that work for ya as expected?

@RWB, waking from sleep or deep sleep?

@peekay123, I have not raised an issue and thanks for testing it out.

1 Like

@peekay123 Deep Sleep specifically. But both are important to know about.

@RWB, didn’t get a chance to test last night but I will tonight. :wink:

1 Like

Just posted an issue for this :grinning:

1 Like