Adafruit VS1053 (mp3) library for music maker shield ported?

Since that library has nothing to do with sockets.h that seemst to be some preprocessor/compiler glitch which usually hasn’t got anything to do with the actual code but.

Can you post a SHARE THIS REVISION link to have a look at your exact project?

1 Like

Hi ScruffR Thank you-

There’s not a ton to it so far. I just included it in an empty project and tried to compile, and that’s what I got.

https://go.particle.io/shared_apps/5c191a5c4830c3b9c3000837

I see what the problem is, but I don’t get the same error message as you.
My build complains about Serial being not recognised and that’s due to a change in system firmware (quite a while ago) where Serial has become a macro and hence the use of a #define that also uses Serial is throwing off the whole build.
I was intending to play a bit with my VS1053 Adafruit Musik Maker FeatherWing so I’ll have a look into it when I get round to it.

2 Likes

Interesting… If I switch my target to a Photon I get the Serial rerror, but if I switch back to the Argon I get the error I’ve been having. Hrmm… ok time to do some trial and error I guess.

Thanks!

Yup, I see that with Argon too now.
But the issue with the Argon is an even more complicated one since the mesh firmware defines some other macros that the SD library also defines and that won’t be as easily untangled.
There is some discussion with @whg who contributed the SDFat library in some other thread.

One suggestion there was to #undef these macros (O_RDONLY, O_WRONLY & O_RDWR) but doing that creates some other issues for me since it seems to render some of the SDFat classes unknown.

Some tough nuts to crack :confused:

1 Like

Yeah… I guess my project is going on hold… I’m WAY not good enough to figure this one out! :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean I’ll probably try… but I’m guessing someone better at it will get it done LONG before I figure out where to start :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have posted a version of SdFat as a beta.

This version of SdFat has been modified to use the standard POSIX/Linux file fcntl.h to define the open flags that caused problems.

Please try it and post problems as issues on github.

You know how they always say the best way to deal with any problem is just to ignore it, and it will go away? Well that seems to have proven true again because people in this community are AWESOME!

:stuck_out_tongue:

If either of you are ever in Philly and drink beer, I owe you one! :smiley:

1 Like