Electron Cellular Locate Test App

Is anyone still active on this post?

I am using an Electron 2G and I have it calling into a SQL Server database through Azure with my location. I am running into the problem described above where I get the same lat/long and a (linearly) increasing accuracy until I hard-reset the device, meaning I have to remove the battery and reinsert it.

I am intrigued by this sentence in the ublox AT command reference manual because it seems to describe what I am seeing, but I don't quite understand what it is saying. Has anyone else figured this out? (AT Reference Manual) page 617:

If the previous position degradated by the elapsed time satisfies the desired accuracy then the sensor '0' is reported in the information text response.

I tried setting the device to do a deep scan (AT+ULOCCELL = 1) but this does not improve accuracy nor solve the problem of getting the same location over and over. So I'm not sure what deep scan means.

I have not tried any solutions requiring deep sleep or turning on and off the cellular portion. Maybe I will do that next.