Webhooks and JSON files

Hi, I’m working on a project that needs to send a REST call to a web-connected home automation controller. I’d like to do this via an event and a webhook (rather than making an http call directly to the HA controller) because it’ll really simplify the code on the Core and it’ll abstract things a bit so I can talk to other types of controllers later on.

So after looking at the webhooks help info on the cli, it looks like a simple webhook makes a POST call to the specified url. It also looks like there’s a method using a JSON file that might have a bit more flexibility. As it turns out, my HA controller needs a GET request and won’t work with POST. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Can you confirm that the simple webhook method does, in fact, issue a POST request? and…
  2. If I use the JSON file method, do I have the option to issue a GET request? And I can’t figure out where said JSON file actually resides…do I store it on the Core? In the cloud? How does that work?

Okay, that was more than 2 questions. :smile:
Scott

Webhooks is currently not available for the general public and should be available for beta if you drop @dave a note.

I’m not part of the beta so i have not idea what’s the progress of webhooks. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve contacted Dave.

Scott

1 Like