Unable to sign in via Particle Dev on macOS

Hello,

I’m having troubles signing into my Particle account when I use Particle Dev on my Mac (Sierra 10.12.6).

I enter correct username and password and press “Log in”, the dialog closes but I’m still not signed in. In the down left corner of the screen I can still see “Click to log in to Particle Cloud…” and my Flash and Compile buttons are disabled.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

B.

Let me ping someone that might be able to help, @rickkas7 or @ParticleD are you able to assist?

I have not seen that. What version of Particle Dev are you using?

You could also try bringing up the Atom debug console, Command-Option-I (I as in Inspect) to see if there’s anything logged there.

1 Like

Getting the following error from debug console:

There was an error reading /Users/bogdan/.particle/particle.config.json:  Error: EACCES: permission denied, open '/Users/bogdan/.particle/particle.config.json'
    at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:558:18)
    at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as openSync] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20)
    at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:468:33)
    at Object.fs.readFileSync (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:506:29)
    at Settings.loadOverrides (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/node_modules/particle-commands/dist/lib/settings.js:145:37)
    at Object.buildSettings (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/node_modules/particle-commands/dist/lib/settings.js:403:12)
    at ProfileManager._reloadSettings (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/src/profile-manager.js:349:57)
    at ProfileManager.set (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/src/profile-manager.js:86:15)
    at ProfileManager.set (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/src/profile-manager.js:232:8)
    at /Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev/lib/views/login-view.js:176:37
    at tryCatchReject (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:845:30)
    at runContinuation1 (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:804:4)
    at Fulfilled.when (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:592:4)
    at Pending.run (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:483:13)
    at Scheduler._drain (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/node_modules/when/lib/Scheduler.js:62:19)
    at Scheduler.drain (/Users/bogdan/.atom/packages/particle-dev-profiles/node_modules/when/lib/Scheduler.js:27:9)
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:67:7)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)

Solved the issue by doing sudo chown -R 'whoami' ~/.particle

Thanks everyone!

B.

1 Like