TFT Display with Custom Fonts

Thanks. I think the reason it worked before was that I compiled it with Device OS 1.4.4 - I just tried it again and I got a load of warnings but it works. I can fix the warnings. With OS 1.5.0-rc.2 a pile of odd errors.

I tried the pinSetFast / pinResetFast in SPITFTMacros.h and SPITFT.h and it didnā€™t seem to change anything. Still scratching my head.

Me too. The SPITFT.h/SPITFT.cpp are a real ā€˜rats nestā€™ IMHO. Could it be that the performance is so slow because of the abstraction that SPITFT introduces into the use of SPI for these devices?

Well, after trying every tip I could find here and elsewhere on the internet, Iā€™ve given up on this. Clearly Iā€™m going to have to dig deeper than I have time for right now, and a complete revamp of Adafruit GFX library isnā€™t really on my radar. For future reference for anyone interested, here are the benchmark results:

@aklein24 Thanks for sharing this - if I get some time I will have a go at a radical rewrite of the SPITFT and see if I can cure this issue with the HX8357!

1 Like

I fully support this effort :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.