Sparkfun OpenLog library will not compile

I have a project that has been using the the Electron and the serial version of the Sparkfun OpenLog for quite some time to log pressure data in the gas and petroleum industry.

Recently, we have wanted to switch to the Boron and use the I2C version of the Sparkfun OpenLog.

I just got my rebuilt boards in that use a Boron instead, but since I am no longer just printing to a serial port and talking to I2C, I have to Install SparkFunOpenLog library (https://build.particle.io/libs/SparkFunOpenLog/1.0.4) and use onewire.

When I add the SparkFunOpenLog library to the project and compile, I immediately get “lte_boron_006.ino:2:29: SparkFunOpenLog.h: No such file or directory”

The library was added to the project correctly and I have added other libraries, like the google location library, without incident.

I do not know enough to understand how to correct this.

Here is the RAW output.

Processing  lte_boron_006.ino
Checking library google-maps-device-locator...
Checking library SparkFunOpenLog...
Installing library SparkFunOpenLog 1.0.4 to lib/SparkFunOpenLog ...
Installing library google-maps-device-locator 0.0.6 to lib/google-maps-device-locator ...
Library SparkFunOpenLog 1.0.4 installed.
Library google-maps-device-locator 0.0.6 installed.
Checking library CellularHelper...
Installing library CellularHelper 0.0.7 to lib/CellularHelper ...
Library CellularHelper 0.0.7 installed.
make -C ../modules/boron/user-part all
make[1]: Entering directory '/firmware/modules/boron/user-part'

mkdir -p target/
make -f ../../../modules/shared/nRF52840/build_linker_script.mk PREBUILD=1
make[2]: Entering directory '/firmware/modules/boron/user-part'
Creating target/platform_user_ram.ld ...
make[2]: Leaving directory '/firmware/modules/boron/user-part'

make -C ../../../user 
make[2]: Entering directory '/firmware/user'
Building cpp file: src/lte_boron_006.cpp
Invoking: ARM GCC CPP Compiler
mkdir -p ../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/
arm-none-eabi-gcc -DSTM32_DEVICE -DnRF52840 -DNRF52840_XXAA -DPLATFORM_THREADING=1 -DPLATFORM_ID=13 -DPLATFORM_NAME=boron -DUSBD_VID_SPARK=0x2B04 -DUSBD_PID_DFU=0xD00D -DUSBD_PID_CDC=0xC00D -DSPARK_PLATFORM -g3 -gdwarf-2 -Os -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mabi=aapcs -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -DINCLUDE_PLATFORM=1 -DSOFTDEVICE_PRESENT=1 -DS140 -DPRODUCT_ID=13 -DPRODUCT_FIRMWARE_VERSION=65535 -DOPENTHREAD_PROJECT_CORE_CONFIG_FILE=\"openthread-config-project.h\" -DENABLE_FEM=1 -DNRF_802154_PROJECT_CONFIG=\"openthread-platform-config.h\" -DRAAL_SOFTDEVICE=1 -D_WIZCHIP_=W5500 -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -DDFU_BUILD_ENABLE -DLFS_CONFIG=lfs_config.h -DSYSTEM_VERSION_STRING=1.4.4 -DRELEASE_BUILD -I./inc -I../wiring/inc -I../system/inc -I../third_party/miniz/miniz -I../services/inc -I../third_party/nanopb/nanopb -I../communication/inc -I../hal/inc -I../hal/shared -I../hal/src/boron -I../hal/network/lwip/ublox -I../hal/src/nRF52840 -I../hal/src/armv7 -I../hal/src/nRF52840 -I../hal/src/nRF52840/lwip -I../hal/src/nRF52840/freertos -I../hal/src/nRF52840/openthread -I../hal/src/nRF52840/mbedtls -I../hal/src/nRF52840/littlefs -I../hal/network/api -I../hal/network/lwip -I../hal/network/lwip/posix -I../hal/network/openthread -I../hal/network/lwip/wiznet -I../hal/network/ncp -I../hal/network/ncp/at_parser -I../third_party/lwip/lwip/src/include -I../third_party/freertos/freertos/FreeRTOS/Source/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/freertos/portable/GCC/nrf52 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/freertos/portable/CMSIS/nrf52 -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/include -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/src/core -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/examples/platforms -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/hal -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/rsch -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/rsch/raal -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/rsch/raal/softdevice -I../third_party/wiznet_driver/wiznet_driver/Ethernet -I../gsm0710muxer/gsm0710muxer/include -I../platform/shared/inc -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/toolchain/cmsis/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/hal -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/mdk -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/hal -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers/src/prs -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/util -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers/nrf52 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/common -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fstorage -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/experimental_section_vars -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/crc32 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/integration/nrfx/legacy -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/delay -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log/src -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/experimental_section_vars -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/delay -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/queue -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/common -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/mbr/nrf52840/headers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers/nrf52 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fifo -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic_fifo -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/strerror -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fstorage -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic_flags -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd/class/cdc -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd/class/cdc/acm -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/common -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/nrf_ble_gatt -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/ble_advertising -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/t2t_lib -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/platform -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/generic/message -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/generic/record -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/lauchapp -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/text -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/uri -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/nrf_cc310/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/utf_converter -I../third_party/littlefs/littlefs -I../platform/MCU/nRF52840/inc -I../dynalib/inc -Isrc -I./libraries -Ilib/CellularHelper/src -Ilib/google-maps-device-locator/src -Ilib/SparkFunOpenLog/src -I. -MD -MP -MF ../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/lte_boron_006.o.d -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -Wno-switch -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -fmessage-length=0 -fno-strict-aliasing -DSPARK=1 -DPARTICLE=1 -Wundef -DSTART_DFU_FLASHER_SERIAL_SPEED=14400 -DSTART_YMODEM_FLASHER_SERIAL_SPEED=28800 -DSPARK_PLATFORM_NET=UBLOXSARA -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-free -fno-builtin-realloc  -DLOG_INCLUDE_SOURCE_INFO=1 -DPARTICLE_USER_MODULE -DUSER_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_SIZE=0x20000 -DUSER_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_LOCATION=0xD4000 -DMODULAR_FIRMWARE=1 -DMODULE_VERSION=6 -DMODULE_FUNCTION=5 -DMODULE_INDEX=1 -DMODULE_DEPENDENCY=4,1,1406 -DMODULE_DEPENDENCY2=0,0,0 -D_WINSOCK_H -D_GNU_SOURCE -DLOG_MODULE_CATEGORY="\"app\""  -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fcheck-new -std=gnu++14 -c -o ../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/lte_boron_006.o src/lte_boron_006.cpp
lte_boron_006.ino:2:29: fatal error: SparkFunOpenLog.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
../build/module.mk:277: recipe for target '../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/lte_boron_006.o' failed
make[2]: *** [../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/lte_boron_006.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/firmware/user'
../../../build/recurse.mk:11: recipe for target 'user' failed
make[1]: *** [user] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/firmware/modules/boron/user-part'
../build/recurse.mk:11: recipe for target 'modules/boron/user-part' failed
make: *** [modules/boron/user-part] Error 2

please help.

I tried some of the examples in that library and see the same problem.
This might be a case for @bsatrom as we also don’t see the GitHub repo where that library comes from.

1 Like

Thanks for flagging @ScruffR, I’ll take a look.

Hey @vsthose looks like this may be a capitalization issue. Can you change your include to “SparkFunOpenlog.h” (note the lower-case l in “log” ) and let me know if that fixes it?

I just cbanged it to #include <SparkFunOpenlog.h>

but it did not make a difference.

It still references “SparkFunOpenLog.h” in some of the includes.

Installing library google-maps-device-locator 0.0.6 to lib/google-maps-device-locator ...

mkdir -p target/

make -C ../../../user 
arm-none-eabi-gcc -DSTM32_DEVICE -DnRF52840 -DNRF52840_XXAA -DPLATFORM_THREADING=1 -DPLATFORM_ID=13 -DPLATFORM_NAME=boron -DUSBD_VID_SPARK=0x2B04 -DUSBD_PID_DFU=0xD00D -DUSBD_PID_CDC=0xC00D -DSPARK_PLATFORM -g3 -gdwarf-2 -Os -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mabi=aapcs -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -DINCLUDE_PLATFORM=1 -DSOFTDEVICE_PRESENT=1 -DS140 -DPRODUCT_ID=13 -DPRODUCT_FIRMWARE_VERSION=65535 -DOPENTHREAD_PROJECT_CORE_CONFIG_FILE=\"openthread-config-project.h\" -DENABLE_FEM=1 -DNRF_802154_PROJECT_CONFIG=\"openthread-platform-config.h\" -DRAAL_SOFTDEVICE=1 -D_WIZCHIP_=W5500 -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -DDFU_BUILD_ENABLE -DLFS_CONFIG=lfs_config.h -DSYSTEM_VERSION_STRING=1.4.4 -DRELEASE_BUILD -I./inc -I../wiring/inc -I../system/inc -I../third_party/miniz/miniz -I../services/inc -I../third_party/nanopb/nanopb -I../communication/inc -I../hal/inc -I../hal/shared -I../hal/src/boron -I../hal/network/lwip/ublox -I../hal/src/nRF52840 -I../hal/src/armv7 -I../hal/src/nRF52840 -I../hal/src/nRF52840/lwip -I../hal/src/nRF52840/freertos -I../hal/src/nRF52840/openthread -I../hal/src/nRF52840/mbedtls -I../hal/src/nRF52840/littlefs -I../hal/network/api -I../hal/network/lwip -I../hal/network/lwip/posix -I../hal/network/openthread -I../hal/network/lwip/wiznet -I../hal/network/ncp -I../hal/network/ncp/at_parser -I../third_party/lwip/lwip/src/include -I../third_party/freertos/freertos/FreeRTOS/Source/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/freertos/portable/GCC/nrf52 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/freertos/portable/CMSIS/nrf52 -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/include -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/src/core -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/examples/platforms -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/hal -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/rsch -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/rsch/raal -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/rsch/raal/softdevice -I../third_party/wiznet_driver/wiznet_driver/Ethernet -I../gsm0710muxer/gsm0710muxer/include -I../platform/shared/inc -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/toolchain/cmsis/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/hal -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/mdk -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/hal -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers/src/prs -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/util -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers/nrf52 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/common -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fstorage -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/experimental_section_vars -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/crc32 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/integration/nrfx/legacy -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/delay -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log/src -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/experimental_section_vars -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/delay -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/queue -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/common -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/mbr/nrf52840/headers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers/nrf52 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fifo -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic_fifo -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/strerror -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fstorage -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic_flags -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd/class/cdc -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd/class/cdc/acm -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/common -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/nrf_ble_gatt -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/ble_advertising -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/t2t_lib -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/platform -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/generic/message -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/generic/record -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/lauchapp -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/text -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/uri -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/nrf_cc310/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/utf_converter -I../third_party/littlefs/littlefs -I../platform/MCU/nRF52840/inc -I../dynalib/inc -Isrc -I./libraries -Ilib/CellularHelper/src -Ilib/google-maps-device-locator/src -Ilib/SparkFunOpenLog/src -I. -MD -MP -MF ../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/lte_boron_006.o.d -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -Wno-switch -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -fmessage-length=0 -fno-strict-aliasing -DSPARK=1 -DPARTICLE=1 -Wundef -DSTART_DFU_FLASHER_SERIAL_SPEED=14400 -DSTART_YMODEM_FLASHER_SERIAL_SPEED=28800 -DSPARK_PLATFORM_NET=UBLOXSARA -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-free -fno-builtin-realloc  -DLOG_INCLUDE_SOURCE_INFO=1 -DPARTICLE_USER_MODULE -DUSER_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_SIZE=0x20000 -DUSER_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_LOCATION=0xD4000 -DMODULAR_FIRMWARE=1 -DMODULE_VERSION=6 -DMODULE_FUNCTION=5 -DMODULE_INDEX=1 -DMODULE_DEPENDENCY=4,1,1406 -DMODULE_DEPENDENCY2=0,0,0 -D_WINSOCK_H -D_GNU_SOURCE -DLOG_MODULE_CATEGORY="\"app\""  -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fcheck-new -std=gnu++14 -c -o ../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/lte_boron_006.o src/lte_boron_006.cpp
lte_boron_006.ino:2:29: fatal error: SparkFunOpenlog.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
../build/module.mk:277: recipe for target '../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/lte_boron_006.o' failed
make[2]: *** [../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/lte_boron_006.o] Error 1
HIDE RAW

Can you share a pointer to your source?

share a pointer? Im not familar

Do you have your code in GitHub or loaded into the Web IDE? I’d like to take a look, if possible.

its in the web IDE

Here is the corrected Paste.
https://pastebin.com/CH60eBmm

Trying to replicate it there, and there’s a capitalization issue on the f in fun as well. So it should be:

#include <SparkfunOpenlog.h>

However this will lead to another error. As @ScruffR said, there’s an issue with how this library was contributed. I will attempt to run it down with the submitter, but in the meantime you can pull the source into your own project and fix that second issue by changing the include in the SparkfunOpenlog.cpp from

#include "SparkFun_Qwiic_OpenLog_Arduino_Library.h"

to

#include <SparkfunOpenlog.h>

I did as directed. I pulled the .cpp and .h files in directly and changed their names. Now I get the following error.

mkdir -p target/

make -C ../../../user 
In file included from lte_boron_006.ino:4:0:
src/SparkfunOpenlog.h:30:6: warning: "ARDUINO" is not defined [-Wundef]
 #if (ARDUINO >= 100)
      ^
In file included from lte_boron_006.ino:4:0:
src/SparkfunOpenlog.h:62:7: warning: "__MK20DX256__" is not defined [-Wundef]
 #elif __MK20DX256__
       ^
src/SparkfunOpenlog.h:65:7: warning: "ARDUINO_ARCH_ESP32" is not defined [-Wundef]
 #elif ARDUINO_ARCH_ESP32
       ^
lte_boron_006.ino: In function 'void callback(char*, byte*, unsigned int)':
lte_boron_006.ino:133:15: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'char' from NULL [-Wconversion-null]
lte_boron_006.ino: In function 'int issueCommand(String)':
lte_boron_006.ino:186:1: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]
lte_boron_006.ino: In function 'void setup()':
lte_boron_006.ino:209:53: warning: 'bool CloudClass::subscribe(const char*, EventHandler)' is deprecated: Beginning with 0.8.0 release, Particle.subscribe() will require event scope to be specified explicitly. Define PARTICLE_USING_DEPRECATED_API macro to avoid this warning. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
In file included from ../wiring/inc/spark_wiring.h:51:0,
                 from ./inc/application.h:40,
                 from src/lte_boron_006.cpp:1:
../wiring/inc/spark_wiring_cloud.h:428:13: note: declared here
 inline bool CloudClass::subscribe(const char* name, EventHandler handler) {
             ^
lte_boron_006.ino:210:42: warning: 'particle::Future<bool> CloudClass::publish(const char*)' is deprecated: Beginning with 0.8.0 release, Particle.publish() will require event scope to be specified explicitly. Define PARTICLE_USING_DEPRECATED_API macro to avoid this warning. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
../wiring/inc/spark_wiring_cloud.h:416:31: note: declared here
 inline particle::Future<bool> CloudClass::publish(const char* name) {
                               ^
lte_boron_006.ino:221:56: warning: 'bool CloudClass::subscribe(const char*, EventHandler)' is deprecated: Beginning with 0.8.0 release, Particle.subscribe() will require event scope to be specified explicitly. Define PARTICLE_USING_DEPRECATED_API macro to avoid this warning. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
             ^
lte_boron_006.ino:223:44: warning: 'particle::Future<bool> CloudClass::publish(const char*)' is deprecated: Beginning with 0.8.0 release, Particle.publish() will require event scope to be specified explicitly. Define PARTICLE_USING_DEPRECATED_API macro to avoid this warning. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
../wiring/inc/spark_wiring_cloud.h:416:31: note: declared here
 inline particle::Future<bool> CloudClass::publish(const char* name) {
                               ^
lte_boron_006.ino:228:43: warning: 'bool CloudClass::subscribe(const char*, EventHandler)' is deprecated: Beginning with 0.8.0 release, Particle.subscribe() will require event scope to be specified explicitly. Define PARTICLE_USING_DEPRECATED_API macro to avoid this warning. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
             ^
lte_boron_006.ino: In function 'void loop()':
lte_boron_006.ino:257:20: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value]
lte_boron_006.ino:264:20: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value]

Building cpp file: src/SparkfunOpenlog.cpp
arm-none-eabi-gcc -DSTM32_DEVICE -DnRF52840 -DNRF52840_XXAA -DPLATFORM_THREADING=1 -DPLATFORM_ID=13 -DPLATFORM_NAME=boron -DUSBD_VID_SPARK=0x2B04 -DUSBD_PID_DFU=0xD00D -DUSBD_PID_CDC=0xC00D -DSPARK_PLATFORM -g3 -gdwarf-2 -Os -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mabi=aapcs -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -DINCLUDE_PLATFORM=1 -DSOFTDEVICE_PRESENT=1 -DS140 -DPRODUCT_ID=13 -DPRODUCT_FIRMWARE_VERSION=65535 -DOPENTHREAD_PROJECT_CORE_CONFIG_FILE=\"openthread-config-project.h\" -DENABLE_FEM=1 -DNRF_802154_PROJECT_CONFIG=\"openthread-platform-config.h\" -DRAAL_SOFTDEVICE=1 -D_WIZCHIP_=W5500 -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -DDFU_BUILD_ENABLE -DLFS_CONFIG=lfs_config.h -DSYSTEM_VERSION_STRING=1.4.4 -DRELEASE_BUILD -I./inc -I../wiring/inc -I../system/inc -I../third_party/miniz/miniz -I../services/inc -I../third_party/nanopb/nanopb -I../communication/inc -I../hal/inc -I../hal/shared -I../hal/src/boron -I../hal/network/lwip/ublox -I../hal/src/nRF52840 -I../hal/src/armv7 -I../hal/src/nRF52840 -I../hal/src/nRF52840/lwip -I../hal/src/nRF52840/freertos -I../hal/src/nRF52840/openthread -I../hal/src/nRF52840/mbedtls -I../hal/src/nRF52840/littlefs -I../hal/network/api -I../hal/network/lwip -I../hal/network/lwip/posix -I../hal/network/openthread -I../hal/network/lwip/wiznet -I../hal/network/ncp -I../hal/network/ncp/at_parser -I../third_party/lwip/lwip/src/include -I../third_party/freertos/freertos/FreeRTOS/Source/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/freertos/portable/GCC/nrf52 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/freertos/portable/CMSIS/nrf52 -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/include -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/src/core -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/examples/platforms -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/hal -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/rsch -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/rsch/raal -I../third_party/openthread/openthread/third_party/NordicSemiconductor/drivers/radio/rsch/raal/softdevice -I../third_party/wiznet_driver/wiznet_driver/Ethernet -I../gsm0710muxer/gsm0710muxer/include -I../platform/shared/inc -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/toolchain/cmsis/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/hal -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/mdk -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/hal -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers/src/prs -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/util -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers/nrf52 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/common -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fstorage -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/experimental_section_vars -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/crc32 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/integration/nrfx/legacy -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/delay -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log/src -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/experimental_section_vars -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/delay -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/queue -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/common -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/mbr/nrf52840/headers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers/nrf52 -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fifo -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic_fifo -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/strerror -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fstorage -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic_flags -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd/class/cdc -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd/class/cdc/acm -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/common -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/nrf_ble_gatt -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/ble_advertising -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/t2t_lib -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/platform -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/generic/message -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/generic/record -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/lauchapp -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/text -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/uri -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/nrf_cc310/include -I../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/utf_converter -I../third_party/littlefs/littlefs -I../platform/MCU/nRF52840/inc -I../dynalib/inc -Isrc -I./libraries -Ilib/CellularHelper/src -Ilib/google-maps-device-locator/src -Ilib/SparkFunOpenLog/src -I. -MD -MP -MF ../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/SparkfunOpenlog.o.d -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -Wno-switch -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -fmessage-length=0 -fno-strict-aliasing -DSPARK=1 -DPARTICLE=1 -Wundef -DSTART_DFU_FLASHER_SERIAL_SPEED=14400 -DSTART_YMODEM_FLASHER_SERIAL_SPEED=28800 -DSPARK_PLATFORM_NET=UBLOXSARA -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-free -fno-builtin-realloc  -DLOG_INCLUDE_SOURCE_INFO=1 -DPARTICLE_USER_MODULE -DUSER_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_SIZE=0x20000 -DUSER_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_LOCATION=0xD4000 -DMODULAR_FIRMWARE=1 -DMODULE_VERSION=6 -DMODULE_FUNCTION=5 -DMODULE_INDEX=1 -DMODULE_DEPENDENCY=4,1,1406 -DMODULE_DEPENDENCY2=0,0,0 -D_WINSOCK_H -D_GNU_SOURCE -DLOG_MODULE_CATEGORY="\"app\""  -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fcheck-new -std=gnu++14 -c -o ../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/SparkfunOpenlog.o src/SparkfunOpenlog.cpp
In file included from src/SparkfunOpenlog.cpp:28:0:
src/SparkfunOpenlog.h:30:6: warning: "ARDUINO" is not defined [-Wundef]
 #if (ARDUINO >= 100)
      ^
In file included from src/SparkfunOpenlog.cpp:28:0:
src/SparkfunOpenlog.h:62:7: warning: "__MK20DX256__" is not defined [-Wundef]
 #elif __MK20DX256__
       ^
src/SparkfunOpenlog.h:65:7: warning: "ARDUINO_ARCH_ESP32" is not defined [-Wundef]
 #elif ARDUINO_ARCH_ESP32
       ^
src/SparkfunOpenlog.cpp: In member function 'virtual size_t OpenLog::write(uint8_t*, size_t)':
src/SparkfunOpenlog.cpp:329:14: error: uninitialized const 'subBuffer' [-fpermissive]
   const char subBuffer[I2C_BUFFER_LENGTH];
              ^
src/SparkfunOpenlog.cpp:338:65: error: invalid conversion from 'const void*' to 'void*' [-fpermissive]
     memcpy(subBuffer, &buffer[startPoint], endPoint - startPoint);
                                                                 ^
In file included from /usr/local/gcc-arm-embedded/arm-none-eabi/include/string.h:10:0,
                 from ../services/inc/logging.h:121,
                 from ../services/inc/service_debug.h:34,
                 from ../services/inc/debug.h:1,
                 from ../wiring/inc/spark_wiring.h:38,
                 from ./inc/Particle.h:5,
                 from ./inc/Arduino.h:11,
                 from ./inc/WProgram.h:1,
                 from src/SparkfunOpenlog.h:33,
                 from src/SparkfunOpenlog.cpp:28:
/usr/local/gcc-arm-embedded/arm-none-eabi/include/string.h:23:8: note:   initializing argument 1 of 'void* memcpy(void*, const void*, size_t)'
 _PTR   _EXFUN(memcpy,(_PTR __restrict, const _PTR __restrict, size_t));
        ^
../build/module.mk:277: recipe for target '../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/SparkfunOpenlog.o' failed
make[2]: *** [../build/target/user/platform-13-msrc/SparkfunOpenlog.o] Error 1
1 Like

Oh, a more complex issue than I feared. I’ll grab the source and see if I can figure out the root issue.

1 Like

Is there any update on this issue?

It looks like it’s complaining about:

const char subBuffer[I2C_BUFFER_LENGTH];

I think removing the const will probably fix the error.

1 Like

@vsthose, here is a compiling version of the code. That const mentioned by @nrobinson2000 makes no sense to me so it was removed.

https://go.particle.io/shared_apps/5e14e9ef8cadfc000b01182c

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I will try it and report back. It might be a couple of days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.