Spark Setup CFBundleExecutable iOS9

I’ve had the Setup and Cloud SDKs in my iOS8 app for several weeks without this issue. I just updated to Xcode 7/Swift 2.0 this week and tried submitting my app to TestFlight, and got:

Error ITMS-90535: "Unexpected CFBundleExecutable Key. The bundle at 'Payload/App.app/SparkSetup.bundle' does not contain a bundle executable. If this bundle intentionally does not contain an executable, consider removing the CFBundleExecutable key from its Info.plist and using a CFBundlePackType of BNDL. If this bundle is part of a third-party framework, consider contacting the developer of the framework for an update to address this issue."

Apple updated their submission API with this last update and it seems a number of SDK’s are having this issue (Adobe, Unity, Xamarin). I haven’t seen any discussion of this here yet, is this a known issue? Any solutions/workarounds?

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll pass this along to our mobile SDK team. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
David

1 Like

Thanks @Dave! Any news on this?

Hi @m9er,

Just checked again, sounds like @ido took a stab at this but ran into another iOS 9 issue, he said he’ll check it out again when he has a chance.

Thanks!
David

I’ve just uploaded successfully our latest SDK example app which uses the latest iOS cloud SDK and device setup library to the app store without an issue. Used XCode 7.1.1, Repo is here:

A new iOS device setup lib pod has been published (0.3.3) as well. be sure to run pod update on your project.

Are you still having this issue?
If not I want to mark it as closed.

Thanks for the reply @ido. I don’t have a build ready to upload to the app store at this point, I’ll have to get back to you once I get a chance to try it.

Can you try uploading your current build even as an unreleased TestFlight beta build - just to verify that there isn’t any issue uploading builds to the app store (so it won’t block you in the future when you need to release) ?

Make sure to update your pods to latest versions

Thanks