Hi Spark community,
I just want to share with you my Spark Core project.
I created a Door access control system with the Spark Core. The door can be oppened by a secured web page, an Android widget or with a RFID tag where the reader is next to the bell button.
For this project I used:
- A Spark Core
- The Spark Relay Shield
- A RDM6300 which is a 125kHz RFID cardreader (supporting EM4100 tags)
The RDM6300 sends the informations over Serial1 to the Spark Core.
- Pin1 of P1 is connected to RX on the Spark Core.
- It is connected trough a voltage divider of 10k Ohms (R1) and 20k Ohms (R2), because the Spark Core serial port is working with 3,3V and the RDM6300 with 5V TTL. On this photo, VCC would be the RDM6300 TX and Vout the Spark Core RX.
- Pin4 of P1 is connected to Gnd on the Spark Core.
- Pin5 of P1 is connected to Vin (+5V) on the Spark Core.
- Pin 1 and 2 of P2 are connected to the RFID antenna.
- The other pins are not used.
The door latch is connected to the Relay 1 of the Relay Shield.
Which is unlocked by supplying 12V AC to it.
And finnaly the Spark Core with the Relay Shield is placed in the ceiling above the door.
The door can be opened via a Android Widget via a simple POST request to the Spark Cloud or the same way on a web page.
The door can also be opened via the RFID tag reader next to the bell button.
The Spark Door code for the Spark Web IDE can be found: Here.