[SOLVED] Web IDE build issue with 0.6.0-rc.2 (again)

Try flushing your DNS cache:

1. Completely close all browser windows.
  2. Hold down the Windows key and press R to bring up the Run dialog box.
  3. Type ipconfig /flushdns then press Enter.
  4. Try going to api.particle.io in a new private/incognito browser window.

Fingers crossed!

LOL, Ill let you know what happens. Thanks!

:cry: Well wish I had better news my firend. That did not resolve it.
Thank you

:crying_cat_face: so weirdā€¦

I hate to say it, and Iā€™m sure thereā€™s got to be a better fix, but since your work is being blocked, unless anyone else here has a better suggestion, you should probably go ahead and roll back last nightā€™s Windows update.

For anyone following along ā€” we jumped on a quick video chat and @jackpotā€™s machine is resolving api.particle.io to strange IP addresses, not our actual API load balancers. I donā€™t know what else to suggest. Maybe the router has old IP addresses cached?

@zachary
I have been doing a little hunting myself and I have found that in fact the update that I thought was installed last night, actually failed. Your thoughts on that please?
Thanks

Caveat: I donā€™t use Windows! Take my advice with a grain of salt!

That said, system updates (for every OS) often fix tons of small bugs as well as important security issues. Theyā€™re generally a good thing. Iā€™d recommend updating.

The whole Windows update thing seems probably unrelated to this DNS issueā€¦
ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Iā€™m going to mark this thread solved since thereā€™s no problem with :particle: systems.

Ok thanks. I guess I will perform the update, reset my router and hope for the best. I guess if that doesnt work, Ill have to move so I can have a different IP

Thanks Zach

1 Like

To all
First of all, thanks for all the help. Amazingly enough, everything is back working. Chalk it up to one of those I have no idea why it quit or why it started working. I am just happy it is now working.
:joy:

2 Likes

The problem with compiling 0.6.0-rc.2 is back again.... was working okay about one hour ago and yesterday evening.

Can compile under 0.5.2, but not 0.6.0-rc.2.

This looks to be the compile time issue:

ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/workspace/project.properties'
{ Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/workspace/project.properties'
at Error (native)
errno: -2,
code: 'ENOENT',
syscall: 'open',
path: '/workspace/project.properties' } [ 'Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/workspace/project.properties'',
' at Error (native)' ]
fatal: destination path 'firmware' already exists and is not an empty directory.
m

1 Like

@UMD i can confirm that.

Will inform the team. Thanks!

1 Like

@kennethlimcp - great to hear from you. I didnā€™t capture the error log from the first incident some days ago, but it looks very much like the same issue.

No problem. I got it captured :slight_smile:

@kennethlimcp, the problem is now moved onto being an issue with 0.5.2.....

There was an error saving firmware. Sorry about that.

@UMD seems ok on my sideā€¦

This was in relation to the ā€œCompile and download firmwareā€ cloud icon on the ā€œParticle Appsā€ side menu.

Working nowā€¦ closing the case.

1 Like

This issue was back for me for about the last 15 minutes but now it works again.

destination path 'firmware' already exists and is not an empty directory