Solid magenta light on Photon as soon as firmware manager opened

I was able to set up two Photons and one Electron with no problems. Even went through some of the tutorials. When I found information about Firmware Manager, I decided to upgrade all three. I upgraded one of the Photons first using version 0.6.0 and it upgraded as expected. The second Photon failed as I mentioned in my previous note.

This morning I decided to have another go at it. However, this time I decided to upgrade my Electron first. When I attempted to upgrade the Electron to version 0.6.0 I got a message saying I needed to upgrade it to version 0.5.3 first. Hmmm, okay, so I did that and then immediately turned around and upgraded it to 0.6.0. Both upgrades installed on the Electron fine. So, then the lightbulb went off. Maybe the second Photon was at a version prior. 0.5.3 as well but it just failed to tell me that. (I did notice that it was not until the 0.6.0 that the manager started telling you what version was already on the device.)

So, I ran the 0.5.3 upgrade on the Photon that had failed previously and it upgraded just fine. I followed up with the attempt to upgrade it to 0.6.0 and this time it displayed the current version and allowed me to successfully upgrade to 0.6.0. I’m learning. :smile:

I appreciate your response.

2 Likes