SOLVED - SH1106 SPI library needed - anyone ported it?

Hi,

I have a couple of inexpensive OLEDs that I purchased off of eBay. They are SPI units that use the SH1106 chip. They work perfectly on my Arduinos with the U8GLib and I know that this is not currently supported on Spark/Photon although there is a thread on this topic happen right now.

I will also found the thread below, but cannot get @m3gg's library to work. Does it work for anyone else on the Photon? (I would not rule out user error, but I have been careful with the wiring and am using the sample code.) Does anyone else have any experience with these OLEDs? Any perspectives would be appreciated.

TIA!

Quick update on this. I just realized that there is a bug in the current firmware that seems to disable D0 and D1 and so this could be why the display is not working. I will report back once I get this fixed.

Just a quick update, this library works perfectly. The issue I ran into related to bad Photon firmware. Updating the Photon to 0.4.3 got everything working including this library and so all is good!

2 Likes