Remote Diagnostics feedback

@jeiden Thanks for reaching out to ask about the 0.8.0 diagnostics feature. Where can I find an explanation of the fields/columns and their values in the device diagnostic report/download? Like everyone else I am noticing communication drop-outs - wifi and cloud. I think I have addressed the application code issues - the heap memory is stable, there is no blocking code, yet still some devices struggle - some sites I have noticed WiFi.ready() (checked every 10 seconds) to return false. Another question, the colour coding on the device vitals - sometimes the disconnections is red and later with the same number green - is there an acceptable number of cloud disconnects per hour?

I had a reply from Dave in Particle Support. He provided this link https://docs.particle.io/reference/api/#device-vitals-event.

I have then had a go at completing the descriptions of the fields in the report. Some values are not described.

Field Description/Values
service.cloud.publish.sent The number of messages sent since the current session started.
service.cloud.uptime The time in seconds since the current cloud session started.
service.coap.round_trip The amount of time it takes for the device to successfully respond to a CoAP message sent by the Particle Cloud in milliseconds.
service.device.status ok or ?
device.cloud.coap.unack ?
device.cloud.publish.rate_limited Particle devices are allowed to publish an average of 1 event per second in application firmware. Publishing at a rate higher than this will result in rate limiting of events.
device.cloud.disconnects The number of times the device disconnected unexpectedly from the Particle Cloud since its last reset.
device.cloud.connection.disconnect The number of times the device disconnected unexpectedly from the Particle Cloud since the current session started.
device.cloud.connection.attempts The number of times the device attempted to connect to the Particle Cloud before successful?
device.cloud.connection.error Value ?
device.cloud.connection.status Value ?
device.network.signal.strengthv Network (cellular/WiFi) signal strength raw.
device.network.signal.at Value ?
device.network.signal.qualityv Network (cellular/WiFi) signal quality raw.
device.network.signal.quality Network (cellular/WiFi) signal quality %.
device.network.signal.strength Network (cellular/WiFi) signal strength %.
device.network.signal.rssi Network (cellular/WiFi) signal strength dB
device.network.connection.disconnect The number of times the device disconnected unexpectedly from the network since the current session started.
device.network.connection.attempts The number of times the device attempted to connect to the network before successful?
device.network.connection.disconnects The number of times the device disconnected unexpectedly from the network since its last reset.
device.network.connection.error Value?
device.network.connection.status Value? 1=, 2=
device.system.memory.used The amount of memory used by the device, combining the heap and the user application’s static RAM in bytes.
device.system.memory.total The total amount of RAM memory available on the device in bytes.
device.system.uptime Time in seconds since last reset.

3 Likes