Photon takes long time to connect to ASUS router

Another curious thing I just witnessed:

• I plugged in my photon after being powered off for a while–it was sitting for a while at the blinking green stage like I had been seeing.
  • I then rebooted my router via the web interface, and right as I did so, the photon went from blinking green to slow blinking Cyan (as opposed to the rapid blinking when it’s about to connect successfully).
  • Then as the router powered off, the photon went back to blinking green.
  • When the router powered back on though, the photon powered up pretty much right after the router came back online. It went from blinking green to slow cyan to fast cyan, then it actually blinked yellow twice, then back to flashing cyan to breathing cyan, and it was connected. Then again, if I were to disconnect and connect immediately, it would connect quickly again.

Not sure if this tells us anything? It’s seeming more and more to me like this is something weird with how ASUS’s router firmware interacts with the photon trying to establish a connection. I have very little experience with this though so I don’t know what the issue could be.

It’s almost like the connection attempt needs to fail first, then when it tries again it’ll work. Not sure if it’s an issue on the router side or photon side.

Note, right now I’ve got my wireless mode set to legacy for the 2.4 GHz band, per the post here